• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Solution?

dobbyroxmysocks

Survivor
Reaction score
I might have found the reason to my terrible ratio. Even if this isnt the reason why, it still needs to happen. I, and many fellow MCSG players, live on the east cost. And the US server is hosted on the west cost, this causes me to have a VERY high ping. The best ping i have ever had on MCSG was a whopping 150. Not asking for a whole new US server for the east cost, but to have the US server hosting somewhere in the middle of the country like somewhere in Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and Texas. Please atleast take it into consideration.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Its hosted on the west coast? I have hella high ping, I've lived in oregon and california and had high ping in both.

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
lol, dude your ping is fine. Try complaining about your ping to the AS players.

J

Joel/MadDawg

The US servers are hosted in Arizona. I personally don't think relocating the data base is necessary, as it requires a TON of work with the only pay off being slightly lower ping for people on the east coast. I'd recommend you try playing on the CA servers, because you might get better ping to them than you get to the US database.

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
The US servers are hosted in Arizona. I personally don't think relocating the data base is necessary, as it requires a TON of work with the only pay off being slightly lower ping for people on the east coast. I'd recommend you try playing on the CA servers, because you might get better ping to them than you get to the US database.
Slightly lower ping? I get 75-85 ms to US MCSG. Moving it to Texas I would get around 50-60 ms. That isn't slightly lower ping. That's a significant difference.
You should definitely try out CA.
CA almost never has people on ;-;

J

Joel/MadDawg

Slightly lower ping? I get 75-85 ms to US MCSG. Moving it to Texas I would get around 50-60 ms. That isn't slightly lower ping. That's a significant difference.

A multi-month, thousands of dollar move from Arizona to Texas is simply unrealistic. Not only does mcgamer likely not have the money to do this, but quite frankly your ping is not important enough for them to go through all that effort.

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
A multi-month, thousands of dollar move from Arizona to Texas is simply unrealistic. Not only does mcgamer likely not have the money to do this, but quite frankly your ping is not important enough for them to go through all that effort.
I never said that they should move, lol. I just said that the ping difference is actually kinda large. MCGamer hosts with CubedHost and there isn't a host in Texas, but there is a host in Virginia. I think they should split the US Servers into US East and US West. US East would be hosted in Virginia and US West would stay in Arizona. they could get rid of some on the US servers (US 200+) and test this out for a week and see if it's a good idea if it is, it could become a permanent solution.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I never said that they should move, lol. I just said that the ping difference is actually kinda large. MCGamer hosts with CubedHost and there isn't a host in Texas, but there is a host in Virginia. I think they should split the US Servers into US East and US West. US East would be hosted in Virginia and US West would stay in Arizona. they could get rid of some on the US servers (US 200+) and test this out for a week and see if it's a good idea if it is, it could become a permanent solution.

You didn't say they should move... you just implied it heavily. Look, I don't mean to start a huge fight, but my point is that mcgamer will likely never move or split their servers between the east and west coasts. Even with a cubedhost center in Virginia it would still take much time and resources to get the custom computer servers that mcsg uses set up in a different location. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this happen. Unfortunately, I just do not think it is feasible for mcgamer to make this big a move right now.

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
You didn't say they should move... you just implied it heavily. Look, I don't mean to start a huge fight, but my point is that mcgamer will likely never move or split their servers between the east and west coasts. Even with a cubedhost center in Virginia it would still take much time and resources to get the custom computer servers that mcsg uses set up in a different location. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this happen. Unfortunately, I just do not think it is feasible for mcgamer to make this big a move right now.
Ok I guess technically I implied it, but my first post was just saying how my ping would actually go down drastically. My seond post was an idea that may or may not come true.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci