• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Solo Survival Games Idea

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Since Solo SG is a 12-player game and has maps from the regular 24-man SG servers, I was wondering if we could get 24-man solo SG servers with the maps from the regular 48-man servers. I (and many other older players) enjoy many of those older, bigger maps that have been long gone from the regular SG servers such as Kharmunrah, Survival Kingdom, Hungry Hills and more, and I think we'd enjoy them even more if we could play them without having to worry about teams.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Oh my god I'd love that. They took SG Kingdom out though.... That sucked. I feel like it would be really hard to get into a game with those maps though because they'll shunned with immediate effect for being too big. It will just result in them being removed again, and we'll have gone in a complete circle. I do support it, I just feel like it will be short lived. I'd still prefer short lived than not lived at all though.

crits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
cant solo sg just count towards real mcsg stats, and make it 24 players as well

but, great idea I like it!

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
yes yes yes yes YES YES YES YESY SEYSYEYS EYSYE PLEASE

Date

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This sir is a good idea. Also making waiting time in the lobby shorter, I hate having to wait ages just for a 12 player game to start.

Reaction score
NO NOO OON NO NOONOONONNOOONNONONONONONONONONONOONON
12 playr games are better and faster

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
NO NOO OON NO NOONOONONNOOONNONONONONONONONONONOONON
12 playr games are better and faster
I'm not suggesting that all the solo SG servers should be 24-man servers. I'm suggesting that there are some 24-man solo SG servers with the maps from regular 48-man servers so that we can play on the maps on regular 48-man servers without worrying about teams.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Since Solo SG is a 12-player game and has maps from the regular 24-man SG servers, I was wondering if we could get 24-man solo SG servers with the maps from the regular 48-man servers. I (and many other older players) enjoy many of those older, bigger maps that have been long gone from the regular SG servers such as Kharmunrah, Survival Kingdom, Hungry Hills and more, and I think we'd enjoy them even more if we could play them without having to worry about teams.
Not that bad of an idea! I wouldn't mind seeing this as well. ^_^

Maybe split the 12 and 24 player SoloSG servers evenly, half dedicated to 12 player, the other half..well, to 24 players. Would work out fine in my end, and please both parties! :D

Good thinking, my friend. :)

cant solo sg just count towards real mcsg stats, and make it 24 players as well

but, great idea I like it!
What if the #1 player teams every game against all the solo players and has more of an unfair way of reaching more wins? That's why the leaderboards are split, to make it fair to both gamemode players. A leaderboard merge would devastate lots of players, which is why it likely won't happen.

Date

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not that bad of an idea! I wouldn't mind seeing this as well. ^_^

Maybe split the 12 and 24 player SoloSG servers evenly, half dedicated to 12 player, the other half..well, to 24 players. Would work out fine in my end, and please both parties! :D

Good thinking, my friend. :)

What if the #1 player teams every game against all the solo players and has more of an unfair way of reaching more wins? That's why the leaderboards are split, to make it fair to both gamemode players. A leaderboard merge would devastate lots of players, which is why it likely won't happen.
I don't think having them split is a good idea. If there was 12 players and 24 player games the majority of us would play the 12 player games for faster games. Someone playing a 12 player game would get more wins faster than the 24 player game.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I don't think having them split is a good idea. If there was 12 players and 24 player games the majority of us would play the 12 player games for faster games. Someone playing a 12 player game would get more wins faster than the 24 player game.
Sadly, it is true that having these servers split evenly wouldn't work, and I think that maybe a quarter or even a fifth of the Solo SG servers should be 24-player games. It's also pretty sad that the reason for this is that people would rather get faster wins to get higher on the leaderboards than actually have fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci