• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Solo servers?

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So alot of people have been complaining about teams lately, and I was thinking it would be cool to have solo-only servers, sort of like on the nexus and CaptSparklez's server. All the players would be disguised as ChadtheDJ or something, so you can't tell who's who. There would be like 10 or so of these servers, just as a nice way to take a break from teams. "Oh but Kor, how would you report hackers?" Whenever you killed / died to a player it would say your names in chat. Perhaps talking in chat would even be disabled to prevent spammers.
You forgot one thing.. Teams skype he could say he's the one jumping and swinging his fist before pregame or something then they would meet up somewhere teams would be there just not be as powerful or something but then again if they made it then team would just play on the normal servers mean more teams less servers but ya know good idea !

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
These threads seem to be quite common. Therefor, I am going to copy and paste a message I have already typed today so I do not have to type it again. Here it is

*cracks knuckles to begin long post*

Firstly, as jonnysurvives said, there was a discussion about this before, and that is this thread:http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/teaming-is-unfair-and-anti-competitive.114980/. It has all the same ideas and concepts.

Secondly, I do agree there are a lot of teams, and there are a lot of hackers recently. Fair enough, there is not much the user can do about the former. Teams are enjoyable to play in for many users, and a lot of people do it. Thats all fair and common. Many people have begun to become frustrated with this however, because there are more users and therefor more teams. The average player can go 50 games without seeing a server with only solo players on them. Many of our ratios may be better. But maybe fighting the teams makes us better players as a whole. These hypotheticals are not important but are normally some of the complaints of the users who do not team as often. I say as often because more likely than not, each and everyone of us has teamed with a friend before. Who doesn't? It is fun and it is more enjoyable than playing on your own! Two heads are better than one.

That is not the point however. The community searches for a solution. The most common one? Solo Servers! These have been proven to be successful on other servers, including the Nexus. Some people on MCSG do not like the Nexus, but I say this as just an example.

Moving on. The basic concept for these servers are so that solo players can play a game without teams and therefor less risk and more chance of winning. When a game starts, every user looks like you and therefor teams are impossible. This prevents a ban from teaming, which is just stupid in my opinion.

There would need to be separate leaderboards: winning on solo is a lot easier than winning on normal MCSG.

This is all fair and good, except for a couple reasons why this will never be implemented.
  • The MCG survival games were based off of the Hunger Games books and movies. In those, teaming is allowed. The concept of MCSG is to preserve this while adding a "Minecraftesque" touch to the games. By adding solo servers, it will dilute the integrity of the servers themselves, moving it farther away from the original concept.
  • More servers+mods+new concepts= more things that the developers need to do. The last thing they need is one more thing to code and to add. Without any real backing, the project does not have enough size to even begin to have a chance to be implemented.
  • Finally, moderating these servers are near to impossible. MCSG has a policy where they try to keep the servers with less mods in order to speed up game play and prevent server lag and stuff like that. The reason it works on the Nexus is because there are less moderators and more mods that prevent just about all hacks, but instead make it hard to play a game because the server lags out so much. With hackers being prevelant, they could run rampage on these servers without much resistance.
So I ask you: do you prefer hackers or teams? The solo servers would become ridden with them, and would be impossible to fix. That is assuming they ever get implemented, which won't happen because it takes time for the developers to do and it takes away the original ideas of Survival Games.

My advice to you is: If you can't beat the teamers, join them, or fight them. I could name a hundred users who could give you advice on fighting teams.

Hope my opinion makes sense.

-Demon

once again, Mooclan I pretend to be you!

Livsfudge

Survivor
Reaction score
These threads seem to be quite common. Therefor, I am going to copy and paste a message I have already typed today so I do not have to type it again. Here it is

Firstly, as jonnysurvives said, there was a discussion about this before, and that is this thread:http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/teaming-is-unfair-and-anti-competitive.114980/. It has all the same ideas and concepts.

Secondly, I do agree there are a lot of teams, and there are a lot of hackers recently. Fair enough, there is not much the user can do about the former. Teams are enjoyable to play in for many users, and a lot of people do it. Thats all fair and common. Many people have begun to become frustrated with this however, because there are more users and therefor more teams. The average player can go 50 games without seeing a server with only solo players on them. Many of our ratios may be better. But maybe fighting the teams makes us better players as a whole. These hypotheticals are not important but are normally some of the complaints of the users who do not team as often. I say as often because more likely than not, each and everyone of us has teamed with a friend before. Who doesn't? It is fun and it is more enjoyable than playing on your own! Two heads are better than one.

That is not the point however. The community searches for a solution. The most common one? Solo Servers! These have been proven to be successful on other servers, including the Nexus. Some people on MCSG do not like the Nexus, but I say this as just an example.

Moving on. The basic concept for these servers are so that solo players can play a game without teams and therefor less risk and more chance of winning. When a game starts, every user looks like you and therefor teams are impossible. This prevents a ban from teaming, which is just stupid in my opinion.

There would need to be separate leaderboards: winning on solo is a lot easier than winning on normal MCSG.

This is all fair and good, except for a couple reasons why this will never be implemented.
  • The MCG survival games were based off of the Hunger Games books and movies. In those, teaming is allowed. The concept of MCSG is to preserve this while adding a "Minecraftesque" touch to the games. By adding solo servers, it will dilute the integrity of the servers themselves, moving it farther away from the original concept.
  • More servers+mods+new concepts= more things that the developers need to do. The last thing they need is one more thing to code and to add. Without any real backing, the project does not have enough size to even begin to have a chance to be implemented.
  • Finally, moderating these servers are near to impossible. MCSG has a policy where they try to keep the servers with less mods in order to speed up game play and prevent server lag and stuff like that. The reason it works on the Nexus is because there are less moderators and more mods that prevent just about all hacks, but instead make it hard to play a game because the server lags out so much. With hackers being prevelant, they could run rampage on these servers without much resistance.
So I ask you: do you prefer hackers or teams? The solo servers would become ridden with them, and would be impossible to fix. That is assuming they ever get implemented, which won't happen because it takes time for the developers to do and it takes away the original ideas of Survival Games.

My advice to you is: If you can't beat the teamers, join them, or fight them. I could name a hundred users who could give you advice on fighting teams.

-Demon

He makes a valid point... I don't know how effective these will be
You forgot one thing.. Teams skype he could say he's the one jumping and swinging his fist before pregame or something then they would meet up somewhere teams would be there just not be as powerful or something but then again if they made it then team would just play on the normal servers mean more teams less servers but ya know good idea !
This is very true!!!

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score

-Demon

This is a logical post, and understandable. But, in all honesty, I don't really care. I don't care that there are ways to beat teams, but sometimes I simply don't want to fight them. Once again, the "it's removing the realism of MCSG!" argument is idiotic, since MCSG never was very realistic or accurate to the books to begin with, excluding quarter quell, a completely different minigame. I do understand that it requires more effort and moderators, but they have been releasing tons of new minigames that nobody asked for, so I don't see why they couldn't add 5-10 servers of a gametype if people really want it. MCGamer has been known to be good about listening to community suggestions.

"do you prefer hackers or teams? "
Well considering how regular MCSG, and even more so KitPvP is already riddled with hackers, this simply gets rid of the teams.
I also provided several ideas to counter hackers in this:

Whenever you killed / died to a player it would say your name in chat.
Perhaps you could see people's actual names if you were a spectator? You could abuse this if you had a team of 3 (with one person speccing) but it's the best solution I could think of.
Moderators would be able to see people's real names

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
This is a logical post, and understandable. But, in all honesty, I don't really care. I don't care that there are ways to beat teams, but sometimes I simply don't want to fight them. Once again, the "it's removing the realism of MCSG!" argument is idiotic, since MCSG never was very realistic or accurate to the books to begin with, excluding quarter quell, a completely different minigame. I do understand that it requires more effort and moderators, but they have been releasing tons of new minigames that nobody asked for, so I don't see why they couldn't add 5-10 servers of a gametype if people really want it. MCGamer has been known to be good about listening to community suggestions.

Well considering how regular MCSG, and even more so KitPvP is already riddled with hackers, this simply gets rid of the teams.

Perhaps you could see people's actual names if you were a spectator? You could abuse this if you had a team of 3 (with one person speccing) but it's the best solution I could think of.
Thank you for not posting something idiotic back that says "I don't liek u stahp plz"

Instead you wrote an educated and smart response back. I like good debate. I would like to start by saying, fair enough, there have been many minigames added that the community may have not wanted and that if people really want this then it should be added. However, so far, I have seen three threads like this since I joined the forums. They total around 40 total likes. Your thread grabbed 8 likes. Now the thread that has the most likes (30) simply suggested that solo servers could be added, and the main idea of it was a rant about how common and annoying teams can be. Now I do not believe that 40 people agreeing can represent the hundreds of thousands of people in the community, and should therefor not be valid enough yet to grab the attention of the Developers and Administrators to begin to spend tireless hours working on this project.

However, if a thread effective enough is posted that can get 400 likes, the consent of very many people, and the assent of some Senior Staff, then we can be in business. I think you may have missed my first post on this thread, I agreed with you. However, I simply do not believe it has enough backing to become a thing.

Granted, your solution for the hackers is well and good assuming that the person contacts a mod instead of trying to record themselves. I believe more people do the former, so this shouldn't really be a problem.

Plus, I also agree that I hate teams as much as the next guy, but I would just like to remind you again that we all team, and that therefor we run into teams. If you don't like it, for now I recommend you grab an IRL friend or hop on TeamSpeak and recruit on your own.

Once again thank you for being educated.

-Demon

Livsfudge

Survivor
Reaction score

Thank you for not posting something idiotic back that says "I don't liek u stahp plz"

Instead you wrote an educated and smart response back. I like good debate. I would like to start by saying, fair enough, there have been many minigames added that the community may have not wanted and that if people really want this then it should be added. However, so far, I have seen three threads like this since I joined the forums. They total around 40 total likes. Your thread grabbed 8 likes. Now the thread that has the most likes (30) simply suggested that solo servers could be added, and the main idea of it was a rant about how common and annoying teams can be. Now I do not believe that 40 people agreeing can represent the hundreds of thousands of people in the community, and should therefor not be valid enough yet to grab the attention of the Developers and Administrators to begin to spend tireless hours working on this project.

However, if a thread effective enough is posted that can get 400 likes, the consent of very many people, and the assent of some Senior Staff, then we can be in business. I think you may have missed my first post on this thread, I agreed with you. However, I simply do not believe it has enough backing to become a thing.

Granted, your solution for the hackers is well and good assuming that the person contacts a mod instead of trying to record themselves. I believe more people do the former, so this shouldn't really be a problem.

Plus, I also agree that I hate teams as much as the next guy, but I would just like to remind you again that we all team, and that therefor we run into teams. If you don't like it, for now I recommend you grab an IRL friend or hop on TeamSpeak and recruit on your own.

Once again thank you for being educated.

-Demon
This is one of the most educated debates I have ever seen on MCSG... strange most people just kinda call each other names XD

LovinMcBitz

Platinum
Reaction score
Great idea but it wont be bulletproof, even though the skins the names and everything like that is the same, people will meet up at a certain spot and team. But overall a good idea.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Great idea but it wont be bulletproof, even though the skins the names and everything like that is the same, people will meet up at a certain spot and team. But overall a good idea.
Yeah I've seen that before on other servers that have these types of gamemodes, it's pretty rare though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci