• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shutting Down servers after every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willdog1997

Spectator
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that over the past week I haven't able to play a single survival game thanks to the server closing down at the end of every game, I try to join back in but in vain. Please attend to this matter as it is angering and unfair.
Will,

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Would you rather the game never ending? They have to restart each game to remove the ghosts

AND there are 27 thousand, eight hundred and forty-three fourm accounts. There is probally double that amount of people playing on the servers which has a maximum of 1000+ slots.

Cfor85

Tribute
Reaction score
So if you are noticing lately, ghosting is a HUGE issue right now and is effecting all servers (everyone's servers, not just ours). Doing more researched today we found that this "ghosting" issue is actually a vanilla bug that will be needing to be fixed by Mojang. A"ghost" can be identified by the player still floating on the platforms which tricks the game that they are still playing even though they are disconnected. It seems the only way to remove them completely is to have a mob (creeper) kill them which eliminates them from the games or restart the server completely. We cannot kick, ban, or kill them at all for some odd reason and bukkit has no API to just unload an "afk" player.

So as a TEMPORARY solution, we are automatically restarting the servers after each match (the server will warn you and will be back up in less then 20 seconds after restart). This will guarantee no servers will be held up by the "ghosts" and more games can start without an issue with no admin involvement. Unfortunately yes it's inconvenient to rejoin but it's the best fix we have for now until this gets fixed by Mojang. So we really recommend you using our server pages to find servers that are in lobby. We currently redesigning the pages to be ALOT easier to locate the best server to join in.

We hope this will be fixed once 1.3 comes out and go back to our regular, non restarting servers.

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, will, but as the other 2 have pointed out this is a temporary solution to fixing the ghosting problem. This horrible bug is part of the vanilla version of minecraft so the plugin devs can't simply fix this, they have to wait for either the 1.3 or even a 1.3 bugfix to resolve this situation. Please remember that this is only until the bug is fix at Mojang's end. Also i would suggest to you to read up on the announcements in the News and Announcements forum.

Final note, What i do to get into a game in this situation is to try to find and login to a server that is near DM, and wait until it ends, you should be kicked out but now you know that it is goingto be open soon. Next, refresh every ten seconds until it pops up and it should have a relatively low number of players in it. Log in and enjoy. :p

Rtzon

Tribute
Reaction score
Why in vain? I just refresh the list every few seconds. It works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci