• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should increased gamma/uhc essentials mod be allowed? READ BEFORE VOTING!

Should increasing gamma/uhc essentials be allowed? READ BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!

• Yes

• No

• Other: explain in thread.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
increased gamma is a problem. EG. Moonbase, the darkness allows players to hide. The gamma would stop this. :p
But then they'd use they handy dandy feature the optifine zoom which is allowed, to then determine whether their eyes are playing tricks on themselves or not.

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
I believe increasing fov or gamma should be allowed. I don't increase fov (or gamma) but I do know a lot of Hive players do. Honestly, it doesn't even give you an advantage over others, just like gamma.

"No Hacked or Modded clients are allowed EVER: Mods that give unfair advantages are not allowed."

Neither increasing your FOV nor turning up your gamma gives an unfair advantage over others IMO.

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
Banning people for essentially just a brighter game seems so silly to me.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Well, every advantage has a disadvantage, big or small, I guess the advantages of increased gamma/uhc esssentials are about equal. We can't limit people so much because of the slight advantages, so I guess, yes.

Scout

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I believe increasing fov or gamma should be allowed. I don't increase fov (or gamma) but I do know a lot of Hive players do. Honestly, it doesn't even give you an advantage over others, just like gamma.

"No Hacked or Modded clients are allowed EVER: Mods that give unfair advantages are not allowed."

Neither increasing your FOV nor turning up your gamma gives an unfair advantage over others IMO.
I agree with you, but why would you need a higher FOV than Quake Pro? I use 95 and I'm completely fine with it.

Reaction score
Increased gamma and uhc essentials should both be allowed as the brightness advantage is equivalent to having better hardware, much like the performance boost from optifine which we allow

Until a few weeks ago I played on a laptop and in caves I could see literally NOTHING, and so i used gamma in uhcs. Now I have a new PC with a dank ass monitor I can see everything clearly with no need for gamma. If anything, it's unfair that players with worse monitors should have to suffer the disadvantage of not being able to see well, so allowing gamma and uhc essentials would be levelling the playing field imo.

brushed

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't really see why we ban for gamma. Its not such a big deal in my mind because its so easy to change your minecraft settings to make it optimized like you have gamma.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci