• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

'SG Venezia' - Discovery Works

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
If Benny said it's too small, don't question his opinion and bring up other maps, we will back him up. I think it's a great map, it won't be hard making it a bit bigger especially at the speed you guys build at
A problem we have isn't really enlarging the map, it's more of what to add as we have a lack of ideas on Venezia.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
A problem we have isn't really enlarging the map, it's more of what to add as we have a lack of ideas on Venezia.
Like... More Venetian style buildings? Isn't it based on Venice? So just look at the real Venice and take inspiration, you guys are great builders so I have no doubt you will come up with something awesome

Reaction score
Like... More Venetian style buildings? Isn't it based on Venice? So just look at the real Venice and take inspiration, you guys are great builders so I have no doubt you will come up with something awesome
The troubling thing is though, it is going to be extremely hard to enlarge the land in the build due to it being just an island, and editing this would mean all sections of the map would have to grow bigger, and however confusing this may sound the buildings that are near the edge would have to be moved again to the edge with buildings placed in between and it would just get super confusing and, in my opinion too big :/, I don't feel adding more buildings is the way forward, however maybe some terraforming could be added around the edges of the map, but this takes away the islandy feel of Venice and would add more water - then giving the map a too high water content, possibly leading more areas for complaint.
As we have proved before, the size of the map doesn't affect the gameplay and SG Venezia still provides games the length of any other map (prehaps not the huge ones) due to the depth. Sorry for comparing to other maps, but SG Venezia would be an addition to those small, loved maps such as Highway, Solar Frost, SG4, Lobby Games, Breeze, Demons Breeze, Fortress Pyke and what was Moonlight Lake and to some extent Valleyside - there is no arguing about the fact the the community does love a small map and since the recent addition larger maps, maybe a small map would be taken with open arms by the community. That being said, we would most probably be happy to increase the size one last time.
Third time lucky eh ;-)? We are already working on making it bigger.

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
The troubling thing is though, it is going to be extremely hard to enlarge the land in the build due to it being just an island, and editing this would mean all sections of the map would have to grow bigger, and however confusing this may sound the buildings that are near the edge would have to be moved again to the edge with buildings placed in between and it would just get super confusing and, in my opinion too big :/, I don't feel adding more buildings is the way forward, however maybe some terraforming could be added around the edges of the map, but this takes away the islandy feel of Venice and would add more water - then giving the map a too high water content, possibly leading more areas for complaint.
As we have proved before, the size of the map doesn't affect the gameplay and SG Venezia still provides games the length of any other map (prehaps not the huge ones) due to the depth. Sorry for comparing to other maps, but SG Venezia would be an addition to those small, loved maps such as Highway, Solar Frost, SG4, Lobby Games, Breeze, Demons Breeze, Fortress Pyke and what was Moonlight Lake and to some extent Valleyside - there is no arguing about the fact the the community does love a small map and since the recent addition larger maps, maybe a small map would be taken with open arms by the community. That being said, we would most probably be happy to increase the size one last time.
Third time lucky eh ;-)? We are already working on making it bigger.
Hush... Less arguing, more working.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Hush... Less arguing, more working.
Obviously I'm a bit out of the loop atm since im away, how big is it currently? a few of those maps mentioned by charlie are like way bigger than I thought venezia was?

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
Obviously I'm a bit out of the loop atm since im away, how big is it currently? a few of those maps mentioned by charlie are like way bigger than I thought venezia was?
Venice is currently 180 radius, we're thinking maybe increasing too 200 though, it just increases water content, which was why we were reluctant to increase it's size in the first place.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Venice is currently 180 radius, we're thinking maybe increasing too 200 though, it just increases water content, which was why we were reluctant to increase it's size in the first place.
yeah I would say 200 is a fair size (in no way too big lol) maybe do water with sand bank islands on it? kinda in the style we did on the kitpvp arena? that could work

523ashley

Career
Reaction score
I can tell that it is a bit smaller map, but I think the builds look detailed and grand. I think that the size is probably about perfect. It is not giant, like SG2, but it isn't so small you can't do very much, like Solar Frost. I think overall it will be a great map, and I hope it gets added soon! :)

Reaction score
Big thankyou too Ninetailefox92, Tree_TheBigKind and Bowser52000 for advice and improvements for the map! Hopefully this advice will help us see it through onto MCSG! As for the additions, they are still very much in progress, we've got Teije working on all the boring nitty gritty jobs! Thanks again to everyone who has supported this map so far and hopefully we will soon be able to play this map on our favorite Survival Games servers in the new year!

meblubs23

Platinum
Reaction score
this map deserves so much respect by others. this is much better then variede's stuff! it would suck if it didnt get added

Reaction score
Final version of SG Venezia has now been released! with a little over a 200 block radius and plenty more chests!

Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci