• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates SG Map Updates - 14th August 2015

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Today we bring you another Map Update and this time it's a little smaller than the last one and unfortunately there is another map removal but hopefully you'll like some of the other maps we have coming very very soon....

The 2 New Maps are "Plantations" and "Elysia" and these maps should be playable within the next hour (in theory).

There are updates for Holiday Resort 2, Winterhaven, Survival Games 2, Ragnarok and also Thorndon Valley (again).

The map being retired is "Valentines"

Map Name: "Elysia
Created by Discovery Works

"Roll up, Roll up Ladies and Gentleblocks, it's time to for the release of Discovery Work's latest project, a brand new Survival games map by the name of Elysia.
The map is set in a fairy-like landscape, with large trees and fantasy mushrooms.
Elysia was designed with PVP in mind, with very gradual terraforming and tall trees, yet still full enough to immerse you in your PVP experience."

This map is being added to all 24 Player Servers.

Map Thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/elysia-discovery-works.181867/

Map Name: "Plantations"
Created by Kithex

"The year is 1872, and despite slavery being illegal according to the Thirteenth Amendment established at the end of the civil war, slaves still work on the sugar plantations of the Alabama port town, Tuscaloosa. The sweltering heat and gruelling working conditions make working on these plantations a death sentence for any human. Not only is the social divide in this small, thriving port town evident, but this time in history is one of blood sweat tears and brings out the worst in human nature - not a bad place for an SG map.
This map doesn't just encompass beautiful building and stunning terraforming - behind the scenes the entire map is wired with redstone, ranging from small simple traps to smart cornucopias, this map will stand out from the rest and at the same time provide you with the best SG experience."

This map will be added to all of the 24 Player servers.

Map Thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/plantations.205782/

There have also been a number of fixes to a number of maps in the last few months since the last map push. Here is a full list of all of the fixes.

1- Ability to escape from Holiday Resort 2 has been fixed.

2- Minor updates to Winterhaven - Some Block placement fixes.

3- Leaves at the Cornucopia of Survival Games 2 has been fixed. I've also edited the inside of my house on the map so that it is slightly more rewarding but also a hell of a lot more dangerous. My House is located in the housing district area and has my name above the door.

4- Ragnarok has been updated.

5- Thorndon Valley Lightning and Spectator spawn supposedly fixed (again...)

Unfortunately, it's now got to the sad part of this map update... yes that's right... the Map Removal. It's always sad when any maps are retired from our servers.

The map that is being retired/removed is...

♦ Valentines - 24 Player

For full transparency, here is a list of the lower played maps along with how many times each map has been played every week for the last 4 weeks. Hopefully explain why the map above is being removed. Map Highlighed is the map being removed.

Valentines has been around about the bottom area of the map stats for a while now and along with the Map Creators request that the map be removed since it's now a long time since Valentines Day, it was finally time for this map to be retired.

I do however thank the Map Makers who helped create this map for their contributions to the server and I really do appreciate the work put into the map.

Please Note that all the maps added in the previous map update have low numbers of times played due to the maps being added towards the end of that week and thus those stats do not properly reflect the popularity of those maps.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
#InB4August14
Anyway, the new maps look pretty nice and although none of them really embody any features that make them stand out, they look like really detailed maps overall so I'm excited to see how the community reacts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci