• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG Classic

Do you want MCSG to bring back SG Classic?

• Yes! Definatley!

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No! I hate it!

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Offlook

Yurleth
Reaction score
Helloooooo fellow gamers! Today I came here to talk. About MCSG V1. If you didn't know, MCSG V1 was the first version of MCSG obviously. But around 1 1/2 - 2 years ago MCSG had a thing called SG classic, where basically it was like playing on MCSG V1. There were only 2 maps, SG1 and SG2. I thought it was super fun, and they got rid of it. I was wondering why, and I was wondering if they are able to bring it back, personally I think they should bring it back. New leader boards, more fun!

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Only if they execute it correctly and try to mimic the old SG and not copy paste a plugin from the old days into the now changed game.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I was wondering why,
STORY TIME YAY!!!!
So back when SGClassic was a thing, the Devs had wayyy too much work on their hands to deal with SGC, which had a growing bug problem. SGC had lost tons of players due to those bugs, and instead of trying to fix them (and all the other bugs on several other gamemodes) the developers decided to focus on the popular games and keep those running, and not have a bunch of buggy games on the side. I disagreed with this because SGC WAS popular, arguably the most popular of the removed games, it just lost popularity due to bugs. Either way it was removed due to the amount of bugs it had. It's been proposed to bring it back several times. However, there's been a pretty solid 'No' from Cam and Rusty, but Chad said maybe, so I'm not sure what to think.

I don't think many people can miss SGC more than I do, but I understand that it's a lot of weight to put onto our 2(hopefully more soon) devs. My idea is to make an SGC preset for MCSGMaker, that way it's still playable by those of us who want it, but it's not this massive project for the devs that they probably don't want to do anyways. If that produces success, maybe they'll consider making it it's own gamemode. Since presets/custom saves are becoming available anyways, this won't make the devs go out of their way to make that part of it.

About this preset, it should include:
  • Old chest tiers
  • The original 20 v1 maps. (That means Solar Frost v1, not v2)
  • Different chat colors(If possible)
  • 60 minute game length
  • 2 person DeathMatch
  • Mobs enabled(maybe have this one an option)
  • Chest refills at original times (dusk instead of midnight, and around noon the next day)
  • Sponsor/Bounty disabled
This preset should be locked, and maybe have some of the mutations be exclusive (ex. old chest tiers) This would make it a little more popular and it would promote it as well.

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
STORY TIME YAY!!!!
So back when SGClassic was a thing, the Devs had wayyy too much work on their hands to deal with SGC, which had a growing bug problem. SGC had lost tons of players due to those bugs, and instead of trying to fix them (and all the other bugs on several other gamemodes) the developers decided to focus on the popular games and keep those running, and not have a bunch of buggy games on the side. I disagreed with this because SGC WAS popular, arguably the most popular of the removed games, it just lost popularity due to bugs. Either way it was removed due to the amount of bugs it had. It's been proposed to bring it back several times. However, there's been a pretty solid 'No' from Cam and Rusty, but Chad said maybe, so I'm not sure what to think.

I don't think many people can miss SGC more than I do, but I understand that it's a lot of weight to put onto our 2(hopefully more soon) devs. My idea is to make an SGC preset for MCSGMaker, that way it's still playable by those of us who want it, but it's not this massive project for the devs that they probably don't want to do anyways. If that produces success, maybe they'll consider making it it's own gamemode. Since presets/custom saves are becoming available anyways, this won't make the devs go out of their way to make that part of it.

About this preset, it should include:
  • Old chest tiers
  • The original 20 v1 maps. (That means Solar Frost v1, not v2)
  • Different chat colors(If possible)
  • 60 minute game length
  • 2 person DeathMatch
  • Mobs enabled(maybe have this one an option)
  • Chest refills at original times (dusk instead of midnight, and around noon the next day)
  • Sponsor/Bounty disabled
This preset should be locked, and maybe have some of the mutations be exclusive (ex. old chest tiers) This would make it a little more popular and it would promote it as well.
Exactly what I was going to say ^.^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci