• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Setting up a Map Making Server!

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Setting up a Map Making Server!

How do I make a Map Server? This is a question I am asked almost daily whether it’s through the forums or through the TS, and I noticed there isn’t an Official guide to creating a “Simple Build Server”, so here it is!

Below you will find a list of plugins and a short explanation so you can understand what they are used for within the server itself.

Server Jar

A Server Jar is what the Server uses to run, you Must use the Jar file provided in the pack to ensure your server is 1.8 and Runs Bukkit Plugins.

Plugins

Extract the plugins from the given Pack and Place them into the Plugins folder that is generated once you run the server, then you can restart the server to install the plugins!

Multiverse Core - This is a plugin that allows your server to use more than just a default world like a normal Vanilla Server. You can create worlds and even Import worlds you have already begun work on!

CleanroomGenerator - This is a Generator which is used to create complex worlds when using “Multiverse Core” to create new worlds, this Plugin is extremely important if you are going to use my Template worlds from this thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/world-creation-for-mcg-maps.321353/

Essentials/Essentials Chat/Essentials Spawn
- These 3 plugins come as a pack. Essentials is a basic set of plugins that play host to your players on the server, as it contains commands such as /Spawn and /TP.

ModifyWorld - The Title says it all, due to the ModifyWorld permission being removed from PermissionsEx, they had to create their own external Plugin, this adds the permission node “Modifyworld.*”, which allows whoever has it to modify the world around them, not only modify blocks, but they also require this permission or “Modifyworld.chat” to talk in-game.

PermissionsEx
- This plugin is used to managed what players on your server have Permission to perform certain commands, it’s rather complicated for “New Server” owners so I took the liberty of creating a basic one for you within the pack below.

VoxelSniper - This is a Multi-use plugin used by Terraformers from beginners to experts, which allows players make beautiful Mountains, Lakes and Rivers within maps and builds. It’s also used to create Organics such as Trees and Floating Islands. It’s more user friendly for Terraformers than WorldEdit.

WorldEdit - WorldEdit is the Generic copy and paste tool for minecraft, it is used to speed up the building process and makes the creation of maps much quicker!

What are you waiting for? Go make Maps! :D

Download the Pack here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yd5hlrt827y7ryb/Map+Making+Inventory.rar

Hope this thread helped you!
- Benji

Last edited:

mfungamer

Career
Reaction score
CleanroomGenerator - This is a Generator which is used to create complex worlds when using “Multiverse Core” to create new worlds, this Plugin is extremely important if you are going to use my Template worlds from this thread: [Link]
Good thread, but you are missing the link here :p

Ant

Diamond
Reaction score
Really great thread for anyone looking to start building, much needed :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci