• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Secrets about armor and health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Well wasn't really a secret, these tactics have always been here since the beginning of Minecraft. Though, you must know your math to know these tactics!
True, and *beginning

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
When you do your math these can save you in an intense battle.
Thanks Gravey4rd!

Iametal

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A while ago, i did some reading while i was bored and found some pretty interesting stuff.

I'm gonna start off with the basics which most people probably know about, i just want everyone to be on the same page:)

Armor: 1 armor bar = 8% damage reduction. Half an armor bar = 4% damage reduction. Full iron = 60%

Now to the more interesting part. As you know, leather boots, gold boots and chain boots all give half an armor bar BUT they might not give the same amount of armor.

leather boots = 3% (rounded up to show half an armor bar)
gold = 4%
chain = 5% (rounded down to show half an armor bar)

I can not confirm this to 100% yet, but i did run some tests on my server and most of the time the chain boots could take 1 extra hit VS the leather boots (full iron with leather/chain boots were used for those tests. The killer had a wooden axe because the 2% armor difference would be more noticable with a wooden axe than a diamond sword)

Health: Even health is a lot more complicated than most people know about. You have a total of 20 visible HP (every half heart counts as one)

As you know, fist does half a heart of damage on a target without armor (non crit) But if the target has, lets say full iron armor, you need 3 hits with fist to remove half a heart. Every half heart has a hidden value of 10. With full iron armor the fist is only able to remove 4 of those (non crit) thats why you need 3 hits to remove the first half heart.

Damage might seem random, sometimes a non crit hit from a dia sword does 1,5 hearts while you have full iron and then the next one does 2. It all depends on how much there is left of the current half heart you're on.

This info is probably useless for the most part but it's always fun to know the details:p
Wow dang that's really interesting!

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member