• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SAVE MCGamer <3

Do you think introducing Unranked SG will help bring players back?

• yes

• no

• maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andrew

Experienced
Reaction score
but you just joined 2 days ago? you're just bandwaggoining on the save mcsg threads
I don't appreciate you saying that I am just bandwaggoning. First of all I love this server with all my heart. Its members and players, and the friends I have made here has helped me through a lot of my rough times. I would not talk about this if I didn't really believe in it. I have been a part of this community for a while now just not on the forums, and I am trying to be more involved on all the platforms this is just my effort to see what people think can help bring back or even newer players to MCGamer

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, to provide a choice of gameplay would probably benefit the server in a positive way. There are those people who like the competitive aspect of sg and then there are those who like the concept of sg but are not interested in maintaining a 1/2 ratio.

Also, having 'unranked' games might provide those that are new to the server a chance to actually learn how to play without getting slaughtered off qorn <---- (sorry had to slip a q in there) ;) or abused for not having the best of stats.

Maybe it would bring back that 'playing for fun' aspect from earlier times? Personally, I don't always feel competitive and just want to mess around, or show people that are new to the game a few useful tips.

I'd also like to see a 1v1 server too, I think that would retain alot of current players and maybe even bring in some new/past players. Anyway, it's nice to see you care enough about the server AndyPandy to take the time to suggest something positive to improve the community instead of criticizing everything. :)

jerffy

Experienced
Reaction score
I would love to have unranked survival games on MCGamer. Although Badlion is a good alternative for unranked, I dislike going there as my ping is a ridiculous 270 ms. MCGamer is the primary server that I go to and I certainly do not want to go on Badlion just to play a game mode that I don't want to tryhard on.

MCGamer has been relying on MCSG for a while as the sole aspect of keeping the server alive. It's seen from how no other game modes are played (except battlegrounds) and its evident that MCGamer is based on competitive PVP which is what makes the server known. If MCGamer would add more PVP based game, I'm sure it will do even better than Badlion or a lot of other competing networks.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Note, the following message below is of my personal opinion and not represent on MCGamer at all:

Being completely honest, as much as I've tried to defend MCGamer on this and keep us on the incline, our server count is decreasing even at peak times. We do need something to increase our server size, because at our pace, we might be down to the low 600's in peak times of next Spring, and that's definitely not something I want to see at all. We need something, and I mean something quickly that'll help us compete against other servers.

I know there will be plenty of people, even fellow staff members, that disagree with me on this. I'd be glad to hear your arguments based on my comments, as I'm sure they are valid and are sensible, so I can likely learn and gain information from them as well. I apologize for the lack of detail or content in this post, just thought I'd drop a quick opinion while doing homework.

Tormatic

Audax

Spectator
Reaction score
I'll tell you what KILLED the MCSG community

1. Doing the stat reset 4 months after everyone voted with /poll when it was winning by a big margin with something like 16k votes for yes (If I remember right).

2. MCSG shouldn't have changed to 1.8 until they perfected it or created a poll for the players to vote on, and they also shouldn't have changed to 1.8 3 weeks after they said it would come out.

3. They should've had an "ez, rekt, or gg10" filter a helluva long time ago. They only added one because CreeperFarts had to make a video about it.

Maybe Chad should join MCSG sometime instead of bathe in donor money, don't you think?

Remember this is only my opinion! Have a good day!

Andrew

Experienced
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, to provide a choice of gameplay would probably benefit the server in a positive way. There are those people who like the competitive aspect of sg and then there are those who like the concept of sg but are not interested in maintaining a 1/2 ratio.

Also, having 'unranked' games might provide those that are new to the server a chance to actually learn how to play without getting slaughtered off qorn <---- (sorry had to slip a q in there) ;) or abused for not having the best of stats.

Maybe it would bring back that 'playing for fun' aspect from earlier times? Personally, I don't always feel competitive and just want to mess around, or show people that are new to the game a few useful tips.

I'd also like to see a 1v1 server too, I think that would retain alot of current players and maybe even bring in some new/past players. Anyway, it's nice to see you care enough about the server AndyPandy to take the time to suggest something positive to improve the community instead of criticizing everything. :)
Yay! Wow I am surprised that so many people think this is a good idea and thank you everyone for expressing your opinions! I hope we come to something to save the community because this is and has been my family. Let's get together and do something to bring MCGamer back to its feet!!! <3 I love you guys

Naar

Survivor
Reaction score
Why are you still wasting your time? Chad doesn't care about mcgamer at all, he got a real job because he doesn't get money anymore.

Audax

Spectator
Reaction score
Why are you still wasting your time? Chad doesn't care about mcgamer at all, he got a real job because he doesn't get money anymore.
I don't lol, I recently moved over to Badlion soo...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci