• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Rugged Lands

Should this map be added?

• Yes!

Votes: 156 83.9%
  • No (Tell us why)

Votes: 30 16.1%

• Total voters

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like the structures themselfs, but I feel like some of them are pretty random and it lacks a bit of theme.

Terraform is nice, but a bit oversmoothed on the surface, but not so smooth when the transition between grounds and mountain happens. It's a nice map for PVP I'm sure, but the theme seems a bit iffy. :)
I get your point , the theme is not specific but I will try my best to explain it.

This is the west of ireland
http://bit.ly/Zs7Kvu

http://bit.ly/Zs7JIa

And this is a ruined irish monastery , included in our map as not ruined since the map is set around that timezone.
http://bit.ly/12A7GJX

The ship in the cave is a viking ship , going to raid the monastery , the town on the hill has been pillaged a few years before. The idea of the map is to be ancient and untouched by modern society.

Trust me we've thought the most the theme through for the most part , with some exceptions to make the map more exciting.

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
It's got so much amazing detail, and for the sheer amount of time that you spent on it I think it deserves to be put in to MCSG.
But there is a few things I'm not too sure about.
The cornucopia seems annoying- no one likes a game where they don't even get to see anything outside of the corn because they were killed at the start, and having the cornucopia harder to escape just takes this to the next level.
I also understand that there is a lot of area underground but the map seems really small at a 200 block radius... most maps are at LEAST 500. Because of this everything looks a bit packed together.
I REALLY like the terraforming though and the buildings look fabulous! Most of this map I adore except for the small little things.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's got so much amazing detail, and for the sheer amount of time that you spent on it I think it deserves to be put in to MCSG.
But there is a few things I'm not too sure about.
The cornucopia seems annoying- no one likes a game where they don't even get to see anything outside of the corn because they were killed at the start, and having the cornucopia harder to escape just takes this to the next level.
I also understand that there is a lot of area underground but the map seems really small at a 200 block radius... most maps are at LEAST 500. Because of this everything looks a bit packed together.
I REALLY like the terraforming though and the buildings look fabulous! Most of this map I adore except for the small little things.
I love you :)
The corn, you probably haven't noticed , has lots of tunnels leading out aswel as the quicker, but deadlier routes which include climbing the vines or walking around the ledges. And the size is only slightly smaller than breeze , but makes up for this through all the underground and the lack of water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci