• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Romney vs. Obama

OBAMA vs ROMNEY

• Total voters

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
Gary Johnson 2012! (just kidding .-.) That being said, I guess I'm limited to the two mainstream candidates because no "lame"stream media bothers broadcasting platforms of other political candidates. I digress, however.

My vote goes out to Obama for quite a few reasons; Mitt Romney has proven numerous times that he is incapable of being America's leader. Insulting our closest allies in the European Union and the Middle East during his Foreign Policy Trips in the GOP Candidate Election are but a few examples of this. While Obama would like to drill into your mind his 47% comments a little too much, it does still stand. If our future president disregards 47 percent of America, what else would he disregard?

Social Issues
Honestly, I can't speak much about abortion because I feel it is unfair for such topics to be discussed when I could never possibly undergo such an operation. I, however, feel that it is a woman's right to do as she pleases with a child. The government honestly has no right to tell somebody or deny somebody that freedom. The same with gay marriage. If a gay "minority" cannot get his rights, I wonder under Mitt Romney, what other minorities would have their rights denied. (I honestly hate using the term minority, it provides a negative connotation, in my opinion.)

What Obama is doing by pulling troops out of the Middle East is commendable -- war should be the last option in any case. Throwing our resources and shedding American blood on foreign soil that honestly, we don't have much rights to be in is, and always should be, a last resort. Mitt Romney's platform would have us shed more American blood.

The obstructionism Obama is getting from the Republicans is honestly insane. By laying the foundation to recovery, Obama is steadfastly bringing back the economy to what it once was.

Mitt Romney has been proven to flip flop on many issues he is challenged with. Need proof?

Finally, Obama has stood and has never fallen to any remark made by any Republican. He faces every day attacks on his accomplishments, his prowess as a leader, and even his birth certificate. He has rebounded in a "Presidential" manner, thwarting and overcoming all such claims.

I believe right now, America needs to be united. With Republicans and Democrats disagreeing on every bit of word each other makes, I find that citizens become distressed. I believe Obama can unite Congress better than Mitt Romney could.

Until we get out of this economical mess, Congress needs to bond together and provide solutions to each problem the nation faces. Only after the economy is back on track should Congress split. This nation was formed on debates, we need parties to provide citizens different options. And, if they like it, they should do what this nation was intended to do --vote.

I also think the dumb 13 year old (me) should get off his soap-box and go do his Algebra homework. .-.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Because Cheze liked that last post I wont edit what my actual opinion is into it to make you think he liked something besides the observation.

If I were 18, I would not vote this year. I don't approve of either of the candidates. Obama promised major change in our country. That was the motto he went by in the 2008 election. Change. I can turn on the news and tell you that things haven't changed much since then. We are even further in debt than before, and we haven't done hardly anything to help protect the environment. I remember in Obama's first State of the Union he said that he wanted to lower our CO2 emissions and increase our use of alternative energy. He also wanted to make a cheap means of electric trains running across our county. Jumping forward 4 years, I see none of that.

As for Romney I think he has the wrong ideas. He says what he thinks will make the public happy (same for Obama.) None of the major party candidates are working to improve our country. I'm sorry if you disagree. That's just my opinion

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
There are other 3rd parties, like libertarians, soy ;)

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There are other 3rd parties, like libertarians, soy ;)
None of the major party candidates
I know. Unfortunately, they dont have the campaign budget Republicans and Democrats have. As a result, we dont hear much about them. They dont draw a huge amount of the vote... ever. Maybe someday people will be fed up with our government and a 3rd party will make it, but not anytime soon.

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
Anyone staying up to see the results? I really want to see, but I don't think I'm going to successfully convince my parents to stay up until Midnight (EST time for me) when I have a history test tomorrow.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Obama was re-elected :D
The non-Americans saying that if they could choose neither, they would. But they don't have to choose either, irl :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci