• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ridiculous Amounts of damage in fights

Gravey4rd

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
All weapons do 0,5 more damage since 1,6. It seems like the weapons do wep+fist damage now (possibly what created the fist glitch but thats another topic) From my experience crits work different now aswell, they now add 50% of the original damage guaranteed. A stone sword used to do 2,5 hearts of damage, since 1,6 they do 3 (4,5 crit) on a target without armor. Basically if you go for jump crits with a stone sword, you can get pretty much the same power out of it as you got from jump critting with a Diamond sword Before 1.6.
I have no idea if these changes are intentional or not but i have read about it and made tests myself.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
All weapons do 0,5 more damage since 1,6. It seems like the weapons do wep+fist damage now (possibly what created the fist glitch but thats another topic) From my experience crits work different now aswell, they now add 50% of the original damage guaranteed. A stone sword used to do 2,5 hearts of damage, since 1,6 they do 3 (4,5 crit) on a target without armor. Basically if you go for jump crits with a stone sword, you can get pretty much the same power out of it as you got from jump critting with a Diamond sword Before 1.6.
I have no idea if these changes are intentional or not but i have read about it and made tests myself.
You have made the best reply so far and I think this best covers my questions. Thank you for testing this out and coming up with a solid answer. I think this thread can be locked.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
~Lets begin with the big paragraph~

This glitch is been bothering me. Why? Because it's not fair neither for me — Though I never get killed with it — nor my opponent. It just comes really annoying and some times — For me— It surprises me I killed my opponent because I really suck at PVP-ing :oops:

I guess it's something "common" to say, now because theres been a lot of glitches in this new —joke— Minecraft 1.6.2.

Tell me, do you agree? :rolleyes:

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
~Lets begin with the big paragraph~

This glitch is been bothering me. Why? Because it's not fair neither for me — Though I never get killed with it — nor my opponent. It just comes really annoying and some times — For me— It surprises me I killed my opponent because I really suck at PVP-ing :oops:

I guess it's something "common" to say, now because theres been a lot of glitches in this new —joke— Minecraft 1.6.2.

Tell me, do you agree? :rolleyes:
I agree that 1.6.2 changed pvp a lot, and it does seem random.

cmclay

Experienced
Reaction score
i did not know that cool <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci