• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(REVEAL) Pirate's Bay 2- Lost Settlement

Do you think, upon completion, that this will be a fun map to play?

• Total voters
L

Lululioness

Just don't complete it in 2 days again, make sure the buildings are detailed and not just boring and plain, and make sure there's no ugly terraforming. ;)
</3

Haha, since it's only me and not 14 people it's going to take quite a while. I've improved on some of the first maps' flaws- There's NO rough, ugly terraforming and the buildings are going to be made by me and I trust myself :p Thanks for the feedback! :)
I can help if you like.
I didn't do anything on Pirates Bay xP

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
Not bad, not bad! I like how it's generally looking, but a little more detail wouldn't hurt ;)

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
Not bad, not bad! I like how it's generally looking, but a little more detail wouldn't hurt ;)
Thanks for the feedback. I'm working regularly on making sure the map is not only good looking, but generally fun to play! ^_^

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
That's at least what WorldPainter told me... That means it could be 320 radius. IDK.
It would have to be 320 radius, 640 radius would be disgustingly huge.
TBH; It is looking like Fortune Island, maybe it won't if I download it, but. To make a decent jungle map, try to do the complete opposite of Fortune. Try and make some areas not completely dense, and others practically no trees. Make it PvP oriented because I know heaps of people hate maps that are full of trees and hills, give it large flatlands without making it too plain.

Also, set a standard for some of the buildings that you've made, make the structures all about quality and quantity. However knowing you that shouldn't be so much of a problem.

Im not necessarily a great builder, but as a good player, I know what I like in a map. Looks good and I'd like to see the finished result.

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
It would have to be 320 radius, 640 radius would be disgustingly huge.
TBH; It is looking like Fortune Island, maybe it won't if I download it, but. To make a decent jungle map, try to do the complete opposite of Fortune. Try and make some areas not completely dense, and others practically no trees. Make it PvP oriented because I know heaps of people hate maps that are full of trees and hills, give it large flatlands without making it too plain.

Also, set a standard for some of the buildings that you've made, make the structures all about quality and quantity. However knowing you that shouldn't be so much of a problem.

Im not necessarily a great builder, but as a good player, I know what I like in a map. Looks good and I'd like to see the finished result.
Thanks for the feedback. I do notice in a lot of maps these days that they are too focused on looks, and I am trying my best to orient this around PvP as you said. In the lakes around the map I'm adding lillypads and other things to make PvP easier, and to eliminate water fights. There are obviously going to be SOME open water areas, but I'm reducing them. The trees aren't too dense, there is plent of space to run around without getting caugt in vines, yet enough to retain the jungle feel. There are lots of nice flat areas, and plenty of different opportunities for PvP. So yes, I am trying ^.^

OwenScottMC

Survivor
Reaction score
The few building there are in the pictures look good but the thing in worried about is the game play I am worried it would be full of climbing tall mountains and maneuvering through woods. Hopefully the map makers add more building to make the game experience better :3 Best of luck to your map!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci