• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Retainer Help

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
Help? How long will it take so that I don't keep gagging and it tastes like plastic? I just got it in today

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Just wear it until you get use to it. There is no set time.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
The mind is a tricky thing. If you constantly focus on how it is going to taste and feel then you will take much longer to get used to it. Just brave the retainer for a few days to a week ignoring how it tastes and feels and you should be much better with it after that.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'm really tempted to make some joke about plastic objects that make you gag, but I would probably get forum-banned.

On that note, allow me to go ask my older sister how she dealt with her retainer..
uno momento.

"I DONT KNOW IT DEPENDS ON A LOT OF THINGS MAYBE IM OVERTHINKING IT??!!" - My sister
Concerning the gagging and uncomfortableness -> It should only be a few weeks, depending on how bad your teeth are.

As for the plastic taste, it shouldn't taste like that. It depends on the quality and type of material that your orthodontist used, but generally it should have a neutral taste or nothing really unpleasant. If it has a strong taste of plastic, then you should contact your ortho or dentist and ask them.

on that note, why didn't you just call them first? o.o

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Time usually varies depending on what you really do. As said by previous members, it can take longer if you stress about it, otherwise just keep level-headed, and I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm really tempted to make some joke about plastic objects that make you gag, but I would probably get forum-banned.

On that note, allow me to go ask my older sister how she dealt with her retainer..
uno momento.

"I DONT KNOW IT DEPENDS ON A LOT OF THINGS MAYBE IM OVERTHINKING IT??!!" - My sister
Concerning the gagging and uncomfortableness -> It should only be a few weeks, depending on how bad your teeth are.

As for the plastic taste, it shouldn't taste like that. It depends on the quality and type of material that your orthodontist used, but generally it should have a neutral taste or nothing really unpleasant. If it has a strong taste of plastic, then you should contact your ortho or dentist and ask them.

on that note, why didn't you just call them first? o.o
Actually, incorrect, the ortho said it would taste bad. He never said how long. Also, thanks for your answer!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci