• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Resignation Letter - JacyNinja

JacyNinja

Diamond
Reaction score
I didn’t think this day would come as soon as it is, but I, JacyNinja, am formally stepping down from my role as Moderator on the MCGamer Servers.

I have taken a huge amount of time in this decision to step down, and I think I’m making the right choice for myself by doing so. I’ll still be on the servers, just not as much as I used to. I have a few reasons to why I made this decision, and I will share only a couple of reasons to my departure.

I’m an adult, and with adulthood comes bills, bills, work, college, and more bills. I can’t be as active as I used to anymore without putting my future in jeopardy. I want to finish school as quickly as possible, and in order to do that, I always have 6-7 classes per semester. I also live on my own, so I have to work, and finding the time to be as active as I would like to be with work and school is nearly impossible.

I have a lot of other personal health situations going on with myself now as well. This part I’d like to keep private, but this is one of the main reasons I am stepping down.

Lastly, this topic is a very touchy subject, but it is another main reason I’m stepping down: the change in the community. This server will always mean a lot to me, but I feel as if the players have changed. I can’t join a hub or a lobby without someone sassing off to a staff member, going around the rules, or being extremely obnoxious/rude. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nothing I can’t handle and I’ve seen it a lot before, but I feel like no one has any empathy/understanding towards other people. Everyone is so quick to snap back to look “cool,” but you’re just hurting another human, which isn’t cool at all. I also don’t get why everyone attacks the staff members, whether it be in game or on every other social media in the world. I’m not here to tell you that every single staff member gives 120% at their job, but I am here to tell you that most of them do. Just because certain people on/were on the staff team that were “bad” doesn’t mean that every single person on the staff team of 100+ people are bad. People make mistakes sometimes, and I don’t think people understand that. Give the staff a break. I’ve made so many friends with staff members: Moderators, Sr. Mods, and Admins, and they all are fabulous people. They give so much of their time and efforts for the server and for the players, just to get ridiculed for doing their job. It is now to the point that I can’t be on the server for longer than an hour without feeling sad/disgusted/hurt, and that truly breaks my heart. I can’t stand to watch it anymore as a staff member, and I don’t see how every other player can watch it happen either.

With all of this said, I will still be around, but not as much as I used to. It really does sadden me to leave the staff after being here for 5 months, but it’s been quite a journey for me, and I’m so thankful for all of the things I’ve learned from being a staff member on MCGamer. Maybe in the future I’ll apply again, but I’ve got too much going on in my life right now.

Thanks guys, and I love you all <3

JacyNinja

Yozy_XD

Diamond
Reaction score
Even though I didn't you as I'm an AU player i bet you were a great mod.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Didn't know you, but ay- it's always a solemn occasion when staff resign.

Lululioness

Career
Reaction score
Aw, Jacy ;-;
You're an amazing singer and were a great mod. And pretty fabulous too, I like that tag in your signature ;)

BadgerPig

Gold
Reaction score
Sad to see you resign! But anyways best of luck with school and your future C: I hope to see you around.

Isak

Platinum
Reaction score
it's sad to see a staff resign good luck in the future thing.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Awh :c. Good luck with your future, and I wish I could have gotten to know you better <3. Hopefully I will still see you around!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci