• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Report Abuse Response Changes (And Future Rewards?)

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Instead of adding rewards I really think you should look into redacting some of the punishments that can come from a report abuse.

I'm too afraid to report because I may get banned for youtube taking down the evidence for whatever reason. What's worse is players can get banned for full bright without even being aware it's installed. If you play a mod that has a fullbright customization and then switch to vanilla minecraft, the fullbright will stay.

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
Report abuses are so much fun now! Can't wait to be doing some more!

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
Hello folks,

The staff do a lot of hard work around here, but we can't forget that the players put in an exemplary effort as well. In particular, players who take the time to fill out Report Abuses to help the staff catch rule breakers. We've been toying with the idea of rewarding those users for quite some time, but complications always arose: what would we offer, what if people got overly-competitive, would it do more harm or good?

One necessary complication was differentiating between Accepted reports (Reports that resulted in a punishment) and Denied reports (Reports that did not result in a punishment). In order to prevent offending players whose reports were Denied, the staff used the blanket of Closed reports, which stated that the user has been dealt with appropriately; this gave the impression of action being taken without directly stating that the user's report was not accepted.

Well, the staff has recently decided to replace ambiguity with honesty. We're all big boys and girls, we should be able to take the truth about our Reports.

If you post a Report Abuse and you notice that the responses are a little different, you know why. Don't go nuts celebrating if you Report gets Accepted, just as you shouldn't get depressed is your Report is Closed. The staff is being honest with you on their appraisal of this situation, and we trust that you understand and respect that.

Truthfully, I'm more excited about what this is building up to: Rewards for Report Abuses.
We'll let the Report Abuse Response Changes simmer on a 2 week trial to see if they're effective and to ensure that the staff is responding correctly. After that, we can start the lottery for Report Abuse Rewards.

Stay Tuned!
Thank god this is changing. When being a mod I did hate being very non-specific with players who submitted reports. Even before that it tricked me into thinking that they had been dealt with because using the phrase 'dealt with' implies a degree of action being taken to me - minus the thread locking and moving, ofc. xD

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Good news everyone!

The Report Abuse responses appear to have changed without a hitch. In fact, I have yet to hear a single complaint that indicated a serious detriment to the process. It seems as though everyone can handle a little honesty with their Reports.

As such, the Report Abuse Rewards program has been given a green light. We are looking at giving away over $100 worth of prizes to those who have submitted successful Report Abuses in the last few weeks.

Stay tuned for the official announcement!

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Good news everyone!

The Report Abuse responses appear to have changed without a hitch. In fact, I have yet to hear a single complaint that indicated a serious detriment to the process. It seems as though everyone can handle a little honesty with their Reports.

As such, the Report Abuse Rewards program has been given a green light. We are looking at giving away over $100 worth of prizes to those who have submitted successful Report Abuses in the last few weeks.

Wooo! Great to hear to good new! :)

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
Good news everyone!

ooo GIFTS! :)

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Woo! Glad to see players will be receiving awards for their efforts to help the network!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci