• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Remove Breeze Island

Sounds like a good idea?

• YES

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No, breeze is amazing.

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • I HATE IT... REMOVE IT FOREVER.

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Here I go, I hope I transform to Lord G33ke IV

Breeze Island was the first community map, it started the whole trend of community maps. Why do people like this map? Its because of its size and the proximity of every chests. Plus the fact that the tier 2s are awfully easy to get to. I, myself, for one, have no opinion on the map. I hate it and like it. I hate it because it always gets 6< votes and outdoes every single other map in this. To specify, other maps that looks amazing and so much work was put on it. But why do a map so small as Breeze with 'little' accomplished building and effort get so famous? Noobs, bandwagons, etc. They are all in the mindset of "kill-everyone-as-fast-as-you-can-nothing-else-matters-who-cares-about-being-conservative". Now, the other 'great' maps I mentioned is either medium-sized or just big. This defeats their mindset because it'll be very hard for them to find other tributes. This is the main and most important reason as to why everyone loves Breeze Island.

Next reason I would love to point out is the chests. Look at a map like Teweran Survival Games 2, its fairly big and finding Tier 2s on the map is so hard. Now, look at Breeze, there are 3 Tier 2s on the small island itself and 4 outside the island. Its that easy to get to these Tier 2 chests. You can get items super fast in Breeze. Look at it as this way: In Breeze, you can get 6 chests in less than 1 minute. In SG1, you can get 6 chests in less than 3 minutes. Also, contributing to this factor, THERE ARE A LOT OF CRAFTING TABLES. As far as I know, Breeze has 4 crafting table locations (stone brick, pagoda, ship & tower (not sure about this)). You can get an iron sword (or even worse, a diamond sword) easily in Breeze, compared to other maps (*cough* actually there's another map that can get it faster *cough*).

Thirdly, lets look at the hate factor, water. There's A LOT of water in Breeze. Psychologically thinking of it, since SO many people love the map and its played SO much, now even more people and hate are for water fights/water. In my personal opinion, you shouldn't even initiate water fights. They are useless, time-wasting and annoying things to do. Don't ever chase someone into the ocean unless you have a friend whom can fishing pole you to your kill. If you don't abandon target immediately. It wastes your time and doesn't get you any benefits, and the bow is 'easy' to dodge, even boats won't help you since they are destructible against fishing poles and arrows.

Fourthly, because of its miniscule size, Breeze makes extremely fast games. Maps such as Hunger Hills (which was removed) is the complete polar opposite. Why do you want more fast games? To win more, to die more or to kill more. I don't have time to elaborate on this factor anymore (I'm in school) and will continue in a later post.

Now, because so many people are in love with Breeze, maps such as the original and first map- SG1, gets hated and abandoned. I absolutely dislike this fact that people just can't be grateful of it because it started the Survival Games trend. In a common way of thinking. Without SG1 = No SG. No SG = No Breeze. I totally can't understand why people can't see this fact. Breeze Island just makes other maps obsolete. I used to love Breeze Island when it first came out then progressively hating it when it keeps getting overplayed over and over again. Now that MCSGv2 came out, I hate it even more, because it always comes up when it gets the chance (when its not in the previous 2 played maps). Just looking at people saying to vote for Breeze because other maps are horrible or skip for Breeze just makes me cringe.

Of course, there's SG4, Breeze's rival and companion, the other overplayed map. SG4 was most likely made from the trend Breeze made, small sized maps. Combining the fact that SG4 is a TeamVareide map and that its small, MADE IT AS POPULAR AS BREEZE IN LITERALLY AN INSTANT. Plus, SG4 also has easy-to-access Tier 2s, there are only a handful of routes in Tier 2s until it makes it so easy to find others.

I therefore conclude that Breeze shouldn't be removed because it would cut away a large portion of the MCSG community.

THIS IS THE STUPIDEST IDEA IN ALL THE WORLD.
BREEZE IS AMAZING AND SHOULD/WILL! STAY IN MCSG, or risk losing MANY PEOPLE to the HIVE!
Funny, even without Breeze's removal a lot of people are moving to the Hive.

Macobeast

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Breeze Island was the first community map, it started the whole trend of community maps. Why do people like this map? Its because of its size and the proximity of every chests. Plus the fact that the tier 2s are awfully easy to get to. I, myself, for one, have no opinion on the map. I hate it and like it. I hate it because it always gets 6< votes and outdoes every single other map in this. To specify, other maps that looks amazing and so much work was put on it. But why do a map so small as Breeze with 'little' accomplished building and effort get so famous? Noobs, bandwagons, etc. They are all in the mindset of "kill-everyone-as-fast-as-you-can-nothing-else-matters-who-cares-about-being-conservative". Now, the other 'great' maps I mentioned is either medium-sized or just big. This defeats their mindset because it'll be very hard for them to find other tributes. This is the main and most important reason as to why everyone loves Breeze Island.

Next reason I would love to point out is the chests. Look at a map like Teweran Survival Games 2, its fairly big and finding Tier 2s on the map is so hard. Now, look at Breeze, there are 3 Tier 2s on the small island itself and 4 outside the island. Its that easy to get to these Tier 2 chests. You can get items super fast in Breeze. Look at it as this way: In Breeze, you can get 6 chests in less than 1 minute. In SG1, you can get 6 chests in less than 3 minutes. Also, contributing to this factor, THERE ARE A LOT OF CRAFTING TABLES. As far as I know, Breeze has 4 crafting table locations (stone brick, pagoda, ship & tower (not sure about this)). You can get an iron sword (or even worse, a diamond sword) easily in Breeze, compared to other maps (*cough* actually there's another map that can get it faster *cough*).

Thirdly, lets look at the hate factor, water. There's A LOT of water in Breeze. Psychologically thinking of it, since SO many people love the map and its played SO much, now even more people and hate are for water fights/water. In my personal opinion, you shouldn't even initiate water fights. They are useless, time-wasting and annoying things to do. Don't ever chase someone into the ocean unless you have a friend whom can fishing pole you to your kill. If you don't abandon target immediately. It wastes your time and doesn't get you any benefits, and the bow is 'easy' to dodge, even boats won't help you since they are destructible against fishing poles and arrows.

Fourthly, because of its miniscule size, Breeze makes extremely fast games. Maps such as Hunger Hills (which was removed) is the complete polar opposite. Why do you want more fast games? To win more, to die more or to kill more. I don't have time to elaborate on this factor anymore (I'm in school) and will continue in a later post.

Now, because so many people are in love with Breeze, maps such as the original and first map- SG1, gets hated and abandoned. I absolutely dislike this fact that people just can't be grateful of it because it started the Survival Games trend. In a common way of thinking. Without SG1 = No SG. No SG = No Breeze. I totally can't understand why people can't see this fact. Breeze Island just makes other maps obsolete. I used to love Breeze Island when it first came out then progressively hating it when it keeps getting overplayed over and over again. Now that MCSGv2 came out, I hate it even more, because it always comes up when it gets the chance (when its not in the previous 2 played maps). Just looking at people saying to vote for Breeze because other maps are horrible or skip for Breeze just makes me cringe.

Of course, there's SG4, Breeze's rival and companion, the other overplayed map. SG4 was most likely made from the trend Breeze made, small sized maps. Combining the fact that SG4 is a TeamVareide map and that its small, MADE IT AS POPULAR AS BREEZE IN LITERALLY AN INSTANT. Plus, SG4 also has easy-to-access Tier 2s, there are only a handful of routes in Tier 2s until it makes it so easy to find others.

I therefore conclude that Breeze shouldn't be removed because it would cut away a large portion of the MCSG community.
This deserves a nice long meaningful NIIIIIISSSSS

nickelodeonthe1

Experienced
Reaction score

Funny, even without Breeze's removal a lot of people are moving to the Hive.
So Proud *cries*

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I agree hyst. People don't like the old maps. I remember people asking "New map?" When SG2 was voted. It makes me sad.

Sup3rT0nyRocks

Survivor
Reaction score
This thread is useless, No matter what they are keeping this map because it is liked by much of the community, But I can agree the water-chasing gets annoying, But when your the person running its the best tactic you can use, My rating of the map out of ten is about 5/10

pixel

Experienced
Reaction score
This deserves a nice long meaningful NIIIIIISSSSS
SO NISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Reaction score
Just leave the server if you dont want to play it your not forced i have what 460 wins...
And removed It for week are you kidding me?

EDIT: #Doublepost
Dude, you should be careful. You shouldn't be encouraging others to leave the servers. I never said anything about how I didn't like the server. You shouldn't be attacking me because I made this thread. The real reason I made it is because EVERY time I play breeze, at least two people leave. I also see a bunch of people say I HATE THIS MAP!!!! <--- with all caps... So I decided, if so many people hate the map, why do they keep it? So I put it up to a poll... Don't attack me, you should attack everyone that said, "Yes" and, "I HATE IT, REMOVE IT FOREVER."

nickelodeonthe1

Experienced
Reaction score
Dude, you should be careful. You shouldn't be encouraging others to leave the servers. I never said anything about how I didn't like the server. You shouldn't be attacking me because I made this thread. The real reason I made it is because EVERY time I play breeze, at least two people leave. I also see a bunch of people say I HATE THIS MAP!!!! <--- with all caps... So I decided, if so many people hate the map, why do they keep it? So I put it up to a poll... Don't attack me, you should attack everyone that said, "Yes" and, "I HATE IT, REMOVE IT FOREVER."
I never encouraged ANYONE to leave i suggested to leave and join another server with a different map, and i know what im doing and saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci