• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Removal Of Friend Rank

Should Friend Rank Have Been Removed? Explain!

• Yes

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 71 84.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
tbh the ex friends got platinum donor and platinum has more votes than friend ever did so technically its an advantage, I can't see why its such a fuss that a rank which gives you a pink name got removed and they all get given a rank with more priorities

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
tbh the ex friends got platinum donor and platinum has more votes than friend ever did so technically its an advantage, I can't see why its such a fuss that a rank which gives you a pink name got removed and they all get given a rank with more priorities
It's about recognition for the work we've done. I don't feel as if it's my "right" as an ex-member of staff, but having been given that recognition at one point, it hurts to have it taken away. Having a pink name showed that we contributed to this community more than the average member, and made a difference to the quality of the servers through our work as moderator. With platinum rank, even though you may get more votes, you possess a rank that anyone can buy, and it doesn't show any of the work you had done as a moderator.

Additionally, not all of the ex-friends have received platinum (e.g. me). I'm not sure if this is specific to certain players who used to have the friend rank, or if the process is just taking longer than expected, but either way, the statement is false.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Where's my VIP then? I helped on Demons Breeze.
A max of 4 per map were given VIP from map building however people who are not deemed responsible enough for the rank were not allowed the rank as they are representing the community with that rank. So you were either not chosen for the rank by the map maker or you were chosen but you were not elegible. You were ex sr staff but only certain sr staff received it for doing exceptionally good work.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
It's about recognition for the work we've done. I don't feel as if it's my "right" as an ex-member of staff, but having been given that recognition at one point, it hurts to have it taken away. Having a pink name showed that we contributed to this community more than the average member, and made a difference to the quality of the servers through our work as moderator. With platinum rank, even though you may get more votes, you possess a rank that anyone can buy, and it doesn't show any of the work you had done as a moderator.

Additionally, not all of the ex-friends have received platinum (e.g. me). I'm not sure if this is specific to certain players who used to have the friend rank, or if the process is just taking longer than expected, but either way, the statement is false.
Agreed. This community depends on it's backbones, the moderators. They keep the community up and running, and they deserve to be recognized.

Honestly, I think the best way to settle this is just to give the moderators a small star (*) next to their name and give them some donor perks. That way the rank is less noticeable, but still there, and recognized.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
That's exactly what was being done. The issues that were arising from this system, were people feeling that they were entitled to the rank. A couple of people resigned and then said "I've been mod for x months, I deserve friend rank". Meanwhile, they had very little actions, or caused trouble, and refused to understand that.
I don't see the major issue within that, warranting the removal of every friend rank on the network, especially without a notice prior to doing so.

"Due to this, this, and this, you will not be receiving a friend rank".

"I disagree. I want one!"

"You will not be getting one. End of discussion".

And the discussion ends there. I don't see how it's any more trouble than that.

Edit: In reply to Echo's post stating all ex-friends were giving a platinum rank, I disagree.
I know many users who did not get a platinum rank. Those who did specifically asked for it. However, when others asked for the rank, they were not given a rank.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I don't see the major issue within that, warranting the removal of every friend rank on the network, especially without a notice prior to doing so.

"Due to this, this, and this, you will not be receiving a friend rank".

"I disagree. I want one!"

"You will not be getting one. End of discussion".

And the discussion ends there. I don't see how it's any more trouble than that.
I wish. There were petitions, hate threads and messages on the forums (which can't be removed without claims of censorship), hashtag phrases in-game, harassment and abusive messages on social platforms outside of our network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci