• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reduce prices of donor ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImPukingKittens

Spectator
Reaction score
Mcsg wouldn't run bankrupt. I see how iron and gold are fair, but I think diamond @ platinum are overpriced. I agree. They would increase the amount of buys.

RelentlessForce

Diamond
Reaction score
Well majority of people seem to be fine with the prices according to all the donators I see every game.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
*MCSG also could possibly get cheaper deals because of the bulk amounts of business that they give the hosts.
*Also the part that 2-3 devs work at CubedHost that are also coding for MCSG, therefore giving them a discount, if they so desire.

Minesmasher101

Survivor
Reaction score
A lot of the people that logged onto MCSG only played a few times, and then never came back. And it was only what, 4-5 million? Somewhere around there. I don't think we've hit 5 million yet, but I'm not sure. And many people don't donate - in fact, most don't. Where are you getting your number from? And server hosts often cost around 10$ USD for a single Gigabyte of RAM per month, or in other words roughly 24 slots, which is the size of the average MCSG server. (I checked a few months ago, so it might actually be 2 GBs, or 1.5.) There's hundreds of servers. 100 servers = 1,000-2,000 per month. There's more than 100 servers in US alone. They also probably purchase high-end DDoS and lag protection, which could up the prices a lot, easily up to 3,000$ for 100 servers.*

*These calculations were done based off of my personal experience researching server hosts in general, and CubedHost in particular, as I've wanted to rent a server from them for around 1.5 years but never got around to it. MCSG also could possibly get cheaper deals because of the bulk amounts of business that they give the hosts.
Oh!, now i understand

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Millions play on the server so the server should have at least 340,000,000$ i dont see it getting bankrupt if that happens
2,362,993 players have played in this servers, however do you know how many buy donor? the least amount of all these buy donor. The price is that way to run the server. You should do some investigation before.
Also, MCGamer gives discounts most of the times and sometimes gives free diamond donor on streams. And to top it off, MCSG gave platinum donor to around 30 persons who where in the multiple Australian and New Zealand meet-ups.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Millions play on the server so the server should have at least 340,000,000$ i dont see it getting bankrupt if that happens
I won't lie: I laughed out loud when I read that. I think this forum needs a dedicated image for [Citation Needed], lest MCGamer start making more money than the GDP of Micronesia.

Personally, I think the rank prices are fine. Heck, compared to other communities, our ranks are on the better-value side of thing. And let's not forget the near-constant sales that are occurring (I seriously ask Chad sometimes to stop having them, lest we undercut ourselves). I can't even think of a reason to lower our non-sale prices right now, and based on the OP's statement, it sounds like he only suggested this so that he can buy a rank for himself. We have a good amount of premium-ranked players, but they're still vastly outnumbered ingame by unranked players, which is a good place to be economically.

So no, prices of our premium ranks are not going to go down anytime soon.
QA;TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci