• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Real life OCD.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Evey type of OCD here, except color patterns, because I'm color blind.

Reaction score
what is ocd?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
It is when you want to have things the same or was your hands or don't touch doors cause you don't like germs. There is OCD in a medical level that you get like crazy and you can't control it.

Reactions: Wyz

MrJaskirat

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't see why everyone is making a big deal. Social pop culture has deemed the term OCD not just a disorder, but a type of obsession as well. We all understand proper OCD is a sad subject to be taken seriously, but we are using it in a different context that relates to the pop culture side of things. No hate btw, just wanted to clear this up.

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
An unfortunately common mistake people often make is diagnosing something as obsessive compulsive disorder when it's actually just an obsessive tendency. Most of us have little obsessive tendencies. For instance, I don't like having food or the smell of food on my hands, which is why I wash them after every meal. If I don't wash my hands.....life goes on. If I were actually afflicted with an obsessive compulsive disorder, not washing my hands would likely result in a tantrum/mental breakdown. I've actually got a family member with just a mild form of the real disorder. It doesn't take much time around someone who actually has to live with this to realize how many people over-exaggerate their obsessive tendencies.

I understand that this thread really wasn't made to misinform, so I'm sorry to go off topic as I have done. It's just a little frustrating how OCD has become a general term for obsession.
I will now change the title to small obsessions in real life?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci