• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Quarter Quell - (Story and Apology)

Addo

Diamond
Reaction score
Today I am bored, so I am going to be telling a story. (This is all true)

Just about 2 years ago, I joined MCGamer, my friend told me about the server and we decided to record a video of my first game on MCSG. We were lucky enough to win the game.
Now after the recording, I looked around the lobby, and I saw a large mockingjay with the words "Quarter Quell". I asked my friend what it was, and he said that it was a terrible ripoff of Survival Games, he then adds that it's worse than SG Classic, and chuckled.

(HEY I LIKED SG CLASSIC)

Now back on topic

I convinced him to play a Quarter Quell game with me, and I could tell he didn't enjoy it. But I was having a great time, although I didn't quite know the disaster mechanics or any chest routes, I found the game mode quite interesting. I went on to play a few more games that day (winning none of them, of course) and found myself obsessed with it. After a few weeks of playing it and getting better and better and the game I found myself with a 40/60 ratio (which I then went on to ruin).
Later in my journey on quarter quell, I began to meet some new people, such as JLioner, PinkLoverGames, Kyle and AGFire2013, these people I still talk to today! All of the people I was acquainted with during Quarter Quell were great people and I had a wonderful time with them.

Until it all fell apart.

My friends started a clan called #Mockingjays, which I went on to apply for and got into. I was excited I got into the clan and we were all in skype calls having great times, taking screenshots, going for full diamond, and having FFAs or 1v1s at the end to see who was the best of the best! (seems like a great time, right? It was)

Later, my friend Pink decided it was time to make our own clan, to increase some competition, but we didn't want to become enemies with the other clan.
But we were unaware of our rebellious acts and arrogance, which broke us out into what seemed to be un-ending drama.

We began to all draw apart, and we were all trying to get each other in trouble, and there was always poor remarks made in every meetup with each other, and saying there were very few lobbies at that time, it wasn't uncommon to run into each other. It was constant, too, and I felt no guilt or remorse at that point, I wasn't aware of how disrespectful we were being to them. Saying I was probably on the younger side of the group at about 13, I wasn't mature enough and smart enough to understand what was really going on, and how I could end it. A lot of us began to quit the gamemode, some of us, the whole server as a whole. Both JLioner, and later myself both requested bans to avoid any more drama. but when I returned, I noticed none of it had held up. In fact, it got worse.

The drama i'm speaking of isn't just "ezpz ur bad" it was more violent and crude.

It pains me to remember of these times.

It took us about two months to fully resolve the drama, and we had refrained from speaking to each other for some time.

On a more positive note, I am extremely glad we got to settle our rough edges and rebuild our friendships.
I have quite a few of the Quarter Quell buds on skype still, and I occasionally message them.

And now to end the story I want to finish with an apology to everyone involved in the drama of quarter quell, and hope that nobody still holds any grudges against me. I am also now going to announce that I am going to be leaving the MCGamer servers, but I might stay on the forums. I thank everyone for the great journey and the amazing times that I had on the server. I don't know if I will be back on the servers any time soon.

I am posting this story for entertainment purposes only and not to start any more drama. If anything gets out of hand in the replies I will have a staff member lock the thread.

If you have any stories like this, I am willing to hear it!

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
It's unfortunate to hear about the drama that was caused, but I'm happy that you were able to rebuild your friendships! Good luck achieving all your future goals!

SollertisKhan

Survivor
Reaction score
what a interesting a truly sad and heart warming story all at the same time.

this truly made my day, hearing about minecraft pvpvpeeppvppp drama.

Stay tune for ep 3 to hear how all of this sweatiness draws to ahappy close, in which they all sweat so much they create an amazing swimming pool, and have a great time.

Also i didnt quite catch it, was the problem u leaving the clan or what. How arrogant and rebellios

Addo

Diamond
Reaction score
what a interesting a truly sad and heart warming story all at the same time.

this truly made my day, hearing about minecraft pvpvpeeppvppp drama.

Stay tune for ep 3 to hear how all of this sweatiness draws to ahappy close, in which they all sweat so much they create an amazing swimming pool, and have a great time.

Also i didnt quite catch it, was the problem u leaving the clan or what. How arrogant and rebellios
You see, thats a question I don't recall the answer to.
But I'll try to remember.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci