• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PVP Keyboard Hotkeys

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Haven't seen a keyboard setup thread in a while, so how do you guys use your hotkeys for PVP?

Personally I use hotkeys for slots 1-4, and I scroll to the rest. I put my sword in slot 1, my bow in slot 2, rod in 3, and FNS in 4, this is simply because most 1v1 servers set up your inventory this way.

Anyway, to start with I have my sprint on F. (More on why I use F in a minute) To get to slot 1 I click the C key, and I click the V key to get to slot 3. This means I can switch between my rod and my sword at lightning speeds simply by lifting my finger of of the F key and moving down hit C or V. I do the same to get to my bow which is G, and my rod with is R. All of these keys are around F, which makes it a very short stretch to switch between slots in my hot bar. I came up with this system after hours of practicing on an FFA server about 8 months ago. I have been way better at PVP ever since. For those who don't have a hot key system I highly recommend it as scrolling is slow and inaccurate.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
I use my mouse hotkeys for the fourth slot. Other than that I either hotkey or scroll. Hotkey for 1-3, scroll for 5-9.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I use my mouse hotkeys for the fourth slot. Other than that I either hotkey or scroll. Hotkey for 1-3, scroll for 5-9.
Lol I need a mouse with hot keys so bad. My $5 mouse is hanging in there though. :) I screw up F5 a lot because it is a pretty far reach. If I got a gaming mouse I would put optifine zoom which I currently have at Z and f5 on my mouse.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I have a mouse binding for slot 3 that is fns, hot key to 1-sword 2-rod. And bow in slot 4 which I use q instead of pushing 4, so my ring finger does all the hot keying apart from my mouse thumb that hits the binding for fns. F is drop, c is optifine zoom, caps is sprint, r is f5. everything else is normal.

r i p

Quantum
Reaction score
F; Zoom
Sprint; Control
Hotbar & F5; Macros

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
R - Sprint
Middle click - OF zoom
Toggle perspective - Side button on mouse