• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Protein/ Workout?

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
Recently stopped playing video games as much as I used to. Past 2 months I have been loving going to the gym but any way I just got this new protein powder stuff and it is soooo good. A lot of people say they hate its taste but I love it. It is really cheap as well and works great.

I am 14 and this has creatine added so I only take 3/4 - 1 cup because Its not recommended for anyone under 18 but I was wondering if any of you take protein powders if you workout and what kind is it and how is the taste?

N

Nikola

What I would suggest you is to start doing calisthenics / street workout. If you're 14 you shouldn't really do heavyweight exercises, I don't know much about gym stuff but however is n't it kind of stupid to lift weights and take proteins like that althought you haven't been a year in the gym? Once you're 17-18 you could start going to the gym.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
^ I agree with Aryanii | Nick at the age of 14 you are more likely to hurt your growth then gain muscles

I always go for banana flavors as the others are usually way to sweet

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
What is this "gym" you speak of!?

I personally know absolutely nothing about any of that stuff, but I eventually aspire to get up off my lazy ass and start working out or something. It's pretty disgruntling how skinny and out-of-shape I am, but hey, it's an obvious repercussion to my sedentary lifestyle.

About the whole protein powder thing, my sister bought some for my dad for complex reasons that I don't feel like getting into, but it had a cotton candy stench and, needless to say, the smell and taste weren't analogous to each other at all. The taste, in our circumstances, didn't matter anyway.

OpticFusionz_

Career
Reaction score
I'm 12 I workout but I don't use protein powder I just make fruit smoothies

Rushinq

Spectator
Reaction score
I go to the gym everyday at least twice a day.

i named my toilet "the gym"

N

Nikola

^ I agree with Aryanii | Nick at the age of 14 you are more likely to hurt your growth then gain muscles

I always go for banana flavors as the others are usually way to sweet
^
Yeah it's nice to see that you want to become a gym lad, rarely anyone moves their ass nowadays, if you decide to do street workout. Have a nice sleeping cycle, eat a lot of fruits, drink a lot of water and overall train hard and push yourself. Good luck :)

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
What I would suggest you is to start doing calisthenics / street workout. If you're 14 you shouldn't really do heavyweight exercises, I don't know much about gym stuff but however is n't it kind of stupid to lift weights and take proteins like that althought you haven't been a year in the gym? Once you're 17-18 you could start going to the gym.
I don't lift to heavy I usually pick weights that I can do 6-10 reps nothing to heavy and I only take the protein because I only used to get like 50 but now I get a little more. Also I do 40 min of cardio a day then weights

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
I go to the gym everyday at least twice a day.

i named my toilet "the gym"
What is this "gym" you speak of!?

I personally know absolutely nothing about any of that stuff, but I eventually aspire to get up off my lazy ass and start working out or something. It's pretty disgruntling how skinny and out-of-shape I am, but hey, it's an obvious repercussion to my sedentary lifestyle.

About the whole protein powder thing, my sister bought some for my dad for complex reasons that I don't feel like getting into, but it had a cotton candy stench and, needless to say, the smell and taste weren't analogous to each other at all. The taste, in our circumstances, didn't matter anyway.
Planet Fitness :p lol I think its good but everyone thinks its dumb mainly the meatheads that squat like 800 pounds but eh I love it.

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
^
Yeah it's nice to see that you want to become a gym lad, rarely anyone moves their ass nowadays, if you decide to do street workout. Have a nice sleeping cycle, eat a lot of fruits, drink a lot of water and overall train hard and push yourself. Good luck :)
Yeah I did home workouts for a month and lost 10 pounds then a month in the gym and lose 10 pounds. I am trying to lose some weight and just get in better condition/shape :)

nickk

Career
Reaction score
You should be toning not bulking

If you want to lose weight, you should be doing cardio and eating a healthy diret to burn calories. Protein powder doesn't help you lose weight

also it syasy u shouldnt use it till youre 18 because if youre below 18 ur body is still developing, and if you take a lot of it frequently at your age it can destroy your kidneys.

Last edited:

Kirsten

District 13
Reaction score
I work out! But I use protein bars! :DDD ivrystrongk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci