• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Proof Minecraft is not dying.. at least not for a long time...

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Okay sure that'd be nice but that doesn't really have to do much with exposure and marketing.

The decline started around the "Mcgamer v2" update, so if I had to guess it'd be the spiraling bad decisions and events that came from that. Most would blame it on the removal of 1.7 or the leaderboard update (Which should really just be called the reset since nothing actually came from it).

The real culprit? The rebranding to mcgamer.net. MCSG's main source of players used to come from the google search "Minecraft Hunger Games" which has now been taken over by BajanCanadian. Searching "Minecraft Survival Games" will still come up with a fairly quick result, but the link "mcgamer.net" doesn't really scream "Survival Games" and more screams "Annoying nasally Youtuber".
I really wish a couple of things in 2013 and 2014 had gone differently, MCG would be so much bigger and most likely better :'(

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
LOL you just listed the 3 most overrated minecraft youtubers of all time
That's not really the point, they where some of the YouTubers that really popularized the servers, regardless if they are/where actually good.

Reaction score
1. Youtubers slowing changing to other games
Yes this is because youtubers will get bored of it. However other youtubers will come to take their place.
But only worse youtubers that only care about money will take their place. Older MC and generally youtubers only cared about having fun and recording for their subs, but now they cause drama to get money and attention. There may be more Youtubers, but worse ones.

2. The PvP community
Yeah the pvp community is certainly going downhill but I think it will be alright as long as everyone is a bit nicer to everyone else.
Well a lot of people are getting bored of PvP or leaving because of the stupid, non-sense changes they did to PvP. Also, the community isn't going to magically start being nice to everyone. People start to hack because they can't win by themselves and people are offensive to each other because PvP is competitive and serious to them (although it's not that much for me)

Although I wrote this, I agree with some of your other statements.

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Minecraft isn't dying, it's slowly changing.

Whether it's changing for the better is for you to decide.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Although MCSG is slowly decreasing in players, it's still an 1000 player network. There are a few key issues that the staff will have to acknowledge in order to survive another few years, but I think they'll be quickly realized as a new generation of mods come.
I think if MCSG wants to survive for years to come, it's really not so much about the Survival games aspect, its about expanding to new things. The reason places like mineplex and hipixel have such a huge fanbase, is they have variety. What does Mcgamer have? Survival games and what? deadly decent? lol. It's and ok mini game, but it's not something that's going to bring crowds of people.

Mcgamer needs to focus on bringing some new and unique games to the server that will attract some people who aren't just all about survival games.

Zable

Diamond
Reaction score
ermahgod tene just quit minecraft u r bad u r hacks omg tene dislike!!1!

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Mcgamer needs to focus on bringing some new and unique games to the server that will attract some people who aren't just all about survival games.
It leaves MCSG in a very awkward situation, doesn't it? Trying to attract a new crowd is never easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci