• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Pro Flint n' Steel Tactics(Magical!)

Did this help??

• Yessir

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Nosir

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Potato m8

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
Pretty good tactics although I wouldn't call Noahsailers tactic brilliant. It's predicatble and unneccesarry, I know simpler tactics that would have a better effect.

Reactions: Fox

Robosoft111

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey guys, recently the flint n' steel tactic has popped up all over MCSG! The thing is, most people don't understand how to use it most effectively, so here is a guidebook explaining how to use this key item!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where to Place it?
I, personally like to use my #3 slot, because I have a hotkey on my mouse for it. But for people who don't have such hotkeys, the 2, 8, or 9 slots will work fine with your mouse scroll.

Tactics Much?
Tactics with this item are essential when going up a PvP'er who know when fire is coming.

-For example, don't take 3 steps back when going to place fire. Even a half decent person can see fire coming. Instead, run for a couple seconds, then swerve around your opponent, and place fire where they're path of walking is. Most likely, the player will run into the fire and you can get some bow and sword shots on them.
-When your opponent gets lit, the smart money is to get a good distance, and bow them down until you are sure they are about 1 or 2 hits from dying.
-Also, say you have a decent distance between you and your opponent, charge you bow pointing toward them, and place a fire when they are coming into hit you when you have your bow charged back. Most everyone falls for that trick!
-Unexpected fire. gcb99 's tactic is brilliant, but sometimes predictable. Say you are running on a flat and straight area. Your opponent is probably not paying much attention if you have been running for a while. So, stop running and place a fire in a line, place 1 or 2 fire charges right in front of you. And since your opponent isn't paying attention, they may walk into it. Like I said, this is somewhat not as effective if you have just been getting chased for like 2 seconds.
-Doorways and tunnels are perfect for fire placement. For example, the corridors on Icarus. Those doorways are hard to dodge of fire placement, so they are perfect! Get to know where good spots are on maps for better chances of living!

Thanks for reading, and if this helped you, please say so!

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
Great tips, I just got new mouse and keyboard and I took month break, so I still a bit rusty xD

SpidersFTW

Diamond
Reaction score
When you light them on fire it's way smarter to go seord PvP them rather than shooting them. Therefore, they can't run away and you will kill them faster.

Reaction score
Unexpected fire is very creative, but hardly ever works. Most experienced players won't over run you that far, and it only works on complete noobs, or very rarely a decent player. There are many way better tactics that work better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci