• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ping and PVP

Has Ping become a big Adv?

• Yes

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Skill is a greater asset when it comes to PvP; unless the difference in between one player's ping and the other is that great. All ping will allow you to do is;
- Get the first hit easier (can be countered by clicking speed)
- Make sure you get hits at maximum speed possible within Minecraft's damage limitations (again, can be countered by clicking speed)
- Get better reaction and actuation time in general (can't necessarily be countered by normal means)

70% of what classifies a player as being 'good' is their skill; 30% is their ping.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Ahem. Ping was always changing the game. But if theres a skilled player with average ping, and a bad player with amazing ping, the skilled player will come out on top. Its a game changer, but not so much to actually effect the winner of a game.

Reaction score
Ping is affecting PvP, with the 1.7 sprint, but, if you are a very tactical player, it shouldn't be that hard.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Gahbfrststhfsj.hmgd,jtsjy.
Low ping doesn't give you better reach, it just means your delay time is less and the server and client have a more mutual agreement if you will on positioning. This gives the illusion of more reach but if you test for yourself, you can find it's the same regardless of ping,

Sorry if I sound like a smartass but I hate it when people think that. Haha.
I think they were being sarcastic:
Ping definitely does affect PvP but it doesn't make a player good. If a player isn't skilled ping won't help him much.
They later said this ^

Jetsify

Platinum
Reaction score
It really depends on what range of ping you're talking about.. I would consider 15 ping or less overpowered. But around 35 - 120 seems the same to me. But ping really comes in had when you open a chest, that's really important to have a low ping. But for the most part I would only consider 15 ping or less overpowered.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
'skill with rod'

it sounds like you're implying the bow is useless, your rod can't do anything if you can't get near me ;D
I meant in a close-quarters 1v1 where the sword is your attacking weapon, not your bow. Obviously a lot of people can stack up wins purely from skill with a bow.

Okay, let me revise my earlier post. If someone knows how to 'use' their good ping, then it will be a clear advantage over other players. I'm not sure how commonly known this tactic is, but it has helped me a crap ton and someone made a thread about it a little while ago. Basically when in a fight, you quickly spam the A and D keys while still holding the sprint key and going forward, so your player very quickly moves left and right. It doesn't work for everyone, but it has made me get sick combos before and overall is definitely worth using. Not even sure how it works, but whatever :p

Last edited:
D

Damien // Teepwn

I think they were being sarcastic:

They later said this ^
I obviously knew that the 10 blocks was sarcastic and I saw the latter post. I couldn't tell if they were being sarcastic about the first part because they never said anything to disprove it in their second post. But thanks anyway for pointing that out.

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel like ping is becoming a big factor in PvP, however, the skill level and tactics that one player uses is the deciding factor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci