• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

One piece of advice for new players.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Please guys, I just deleted a few unnecessary posts! Keeps the criticism helpful and with a positive intent. Not just troll posts!

John jennings

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't team. Learn to play solo.

1) You learn to be paranoid. This is possibly the most important thing of all. With nobody watching your back, you are forced to learn how to grab loot and run, constantly watch your back, attack from behind, find targets that are unaware, trap your prey, etc. No help forces you to rely on yourself instead of another hand to smack enemies around.

2) No loot sharing. You find gear, you're geared. Done. I've wrecked plenty of noob teams with crap gear because they had to share while I kept all my stuff. Single one of them out, then three or four hits later it's down to just me and the other guy, who's even more screwed thanks to being undergeared AND alone. (Fun fact: Three people doesn't make it much better.)

3) You'll learn far faster. It'll be painful, but you either learn or you rage, and alone, every moment is a moment you're using the skills you're trying to improve.

4) Pride. Winning solo is far more enjoyable than winning with help. Winning a team match is beating someone in a duel, winning a solo match is beating 23 other players in a battle royale. Every single one of my wins was solo, and they all felt like an accomplishment. Winning on a team would have felt cheap. Maybe it's lame to be proud of this at all, but the strategy involved in tracking/avoiding/surprising people can make MCSG a game of wits, despite how combat can just turn into a slapfight with various colored sticks.

That all said, I do suggest getting a map viewer and doing some poking around. Look at the map from afar, burn the layout into your mind. Build a route. The only thing you can't learn by looking at the map is which chests are tier 2, though you can take a guess.
My first few wins were with a team and for me personally teaming for my first fe wins helped me win solo. The people I teamed with showed me good chest routes (considering everyone I team with is in the top 25 lol) and they helped me with my pvp skills. So when I started playing solo I actually won a lot of the games I played. (the only downside of teaming with people in the top 25 is they were very hard to beat in deathmatch xD)

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
My first few wins were with a team and for me personally teaming for my first fe wins helped me win solo. The people I teamed with showed me good chest routes (considering everyone I team with is in the top 25 lol) and they helped me with my pvp skills. So when I started playing solo I actually won a lot of the games I played. (the only downside of teaming with people in the top 25 is they were very hard to beat in deathmatch xD)
Yeah...I beat my teammates a lot in deathmatch when teaching them how to play well. In even gear, I beat them almost every time. :3 (Although, they are getting better. It's getting harder to beat them. D: )

Honestly, that's a good point. Learning to play on teams is not a good way to learn...unless that teammate is someone like me who knows what they are doing, even when playing solo, and strives to teach those teammates how to get better instead of just focusing on getting them wins. :p I also do encourage them to play solo once in a while, otherwise there are things they will never learn. (Such as dealing with teams solo, which they rarely have to do when with a teammate. It's still good to know even if you prefer to play with a teammate, because there will be times when that teammate isn't there to help you...)

John jennings

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah...I beat my teammates a lot in deathmatch when teaching them how to play well. In even gear, I beat them almost every time. :3 (Although, they are getting better. It's getting harder to beat them. D: )

Honestly, that's a good point. Learning to play on teams is not a good way to learn...unless that teammate is someone like me who knows what they are doing, even when playing solo, and strives to teach those teammates how to get better instead of just focusing on getting them wins. :p I also do encourage them to play solo once in a while, otherwise there are things they will never learn. (Such as dealing with teams solo, which they rarely have to do when with a teammate. It's still good to know even if you prefer to play with a teammate, because there will be times when that teammate isn't there to help you...)
Yes the people I team with are very experienced. I normally team with hiqhlights and blackjaguar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci