• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Once again- Cornucopia suggestion

Does this seem like an idea that should be implemented?

• Total voters

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
I've posted this probably twice now (A while back) and while it didn't get many replies, the replies I DID get were very positive so I want to put this out there one more time.

Honestly, as of now you will very rarely die if you go to corn unless you get really unlucky or you're just plain stupid. If you don't get a weapon, immediately turn around to your route and don't show your armor and there's a 90 - 95% chance that you won't die. Corn needs to be much more deadly, I feel it would be better if there was actually a somewhat high risk of going to corn, but also the chests would be slightly better. Unless you get a sword and go ham at spawn, it's only one tier 2 and you usually won't get everything unless you're fast. Much better to get a head start on your route even if your route has only one tier 2, since you'll be almost guaranteed to get everything in it.. I think that cornucopia chests should be like this:

Slightly more armor/crafting materials/food

Much more weapons. Every chest should have a 60-70% chance of having a weapon anywhere from a wood axe to a stone sword (although stone sword would be rarer)

This way it's still possible to get stuff and escape just like the real hunger games films, but of you get a weapon and want to fight, it's much more like the huge bloodbath fight in the films instead of just easily murdering everyone and maybe being challenged by one person with a sword.

This wouldn't be op because it's basically tier 1 weapons, but it also increases the cornucopia deaths and makes corn more rewarding, as it should be.

*chests would return to normal tier 2 at refill*

Fireized

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
I don't agree. Lets say about 15/24 people get a weapon. It seems way to OP.
Also, cornucopia is made for tier 2 chests. You wouldn't want to get refill with leather amour in it? Would you?
I personally like the cornucopia for it self right now. I don't think any thing should change anytime soon.

numberlock

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the idea of corn being a dangerous place.
But if every single chest had more than 50% chance of spawning a weapon is in my opinion over powered. You would die almost instantly if two guys next to you got a sword.

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey there, I understand where you are coming from by wanting the Sg just to be like the movie however think about it logically. If there were so many weapons at spawn most people would die in the first minute or so. I can tell you know a lot of people would enjoy it less just constantly dieing in the first minute.However that's just my two cents.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't know.
Corn is pretty risky already, and the chance that you may not get anything makes one even more careful.
More weapons: not at spawn. People rage because of this, and adding to the problem can't happen.
Slightly better chest: More items would remove part of the risk of corn, which is something you're trying to avoid. Is a new, slightly better tier 2 really in need?
Being like the movie: I agree with this, but in the movie, only about 13 tributes died the first day, while during the first Minecraft day, about 18 die.

It's difficult to form a half-decent opinion, since most of the facts here are not gathered through studies. Unless I feel there is a need or a want to change this, I don't think it will get enough support.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea of corn being a dangerous place.
But if every single chest had more than 50% chance of spawning a weapon is in my opinion over powered. You would die almost instantly if two guys next to you got a sword.
Hey there, I understand where you are coming from by wanting the Sg just to be like the movie however think about it logically. If there were so many weapons at spawn most people would die in the first minute or so. I can tell you know a lot of people would enjoy it less just constantly dieing in the first minute.However that's just my two cents.
I don't know.
Corn is pretty risky already, and the chance that you may not get anything makes one even more careful.
More weapons: not at spawn. People rage because of this, and adding to the problem can't happen.
Slightly better chest: More items would remove part of the risk of corn, which is something you're trying to avoid. Is a new, slightly better tier 2 really in need?
Being like the movie: I agree with this, but in the movie, only about 13 tributes died the first day, while during the first Minecraft day, about 18 die.

It's difficult to form a half-decent opinion, since most of the facts here are not gathered through studies. Unless I feel there is a need or a want to change this, I don't think it will get enough support.
Perhaps it you're right, maybe that would be too many weapons. I'm just saying I think there should be more than just 1 or 2 stone swords. It should be at least somewhat of a fight, not just "Ooh I got a sword and I can murderize everyone because nobody can challenge me!"

I don't agree. Lets say about 15/24 people get a weapon. It seems way to OP.
Also, cornucopia is made for tier 2 chests. You wouldn't want to get refill with leather amour in it? Would you?
I personally like the cornucopia for it self right now. I don't think any thing should change anytime soon.
I said the chests would reset to normal tier 2 at refill.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It should be at least somewhat of a fight, not just "Ooh I got a sword and I can murderize everyone because nobody can challenge me!"
That's what running is for. I like the idea of a challenge for stone sword snatchers, but any fight 10 seconds into the game is going to depend more on your gear, not your skill.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I personally like the idea of this, however there are a couple of problems from a Minecraft Survival Games standpoint. Yes, corn was more deadly, and about 1/2-1/3 of the game would die at the Cornucopia in the Hunger Games series, however they died off much slower in the actual Hunger Games. The Survival Games is much more fast paced and games are already quick enough. If only half the tributes survived the first three minutes, games would be waaaay too quick P:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci