• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Old mcsg !

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
What I didn't know at the time of posting that was that there have been some policy changes since I resigned that basically made it impossible for moderators to do a significant amount of report abuses at a time without fearing getting in trouble

The rules were pretty strict before I left, but apparently it's even more severe now

Edit: So basically it means that we can just cross our fingers and hope there are enough people to tag team those reports before we have community members being forced to wait months.
lol why that makes no sense.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What I didn't know at the time of posting that was that there have been some policy changes since I resigned that basically made it impossible for moderators to do a significant amount of report abuses at a time without fearing getting in trouble

The rules were pretty strict before I left, but apparently it's even more severe now

Edit: So basically it means that we can just cross our fingers and hope there are enough people to tag team those reports before we have community members being forced to wait months.
Wait, what? You'll get in trouble for doing report abuses now? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Wait, what? You'll get in trouble for doing report abuses now? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Doing "too many" report abuses will make others look down on you as "hoarding" (basically) report abuses, and if you go over the "limit" set by the senior staff, there are possible negative repercussions. That's how it's been explained to me at least, but yep it's impressive how some people just can't see past exactly what they're bringing upon themselves.

Keep in mind, this has been enforced for around a year now, it's just that the restrictions have become unbelievably tight and as a result there are an astounding number of report abuses not being touched.

Last edited:

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Doing "too many" report abuses will make others look down on you as "hoarding" (basically) report abuses, and if you go over the "limit" set by the senior staff, there are possible negative repercussions. That's how it's been explained to me at least, but yep it's impressive how some people just can't see past exactly what they're bringing upon themselves.
So don't "hoard" the reports, but make sure to get at least 30 bans (or whatever it is) every month? That makes no sense. Honestly, mods hoarding reports was never an issue when I was a mod, so I don't see how it became an issue. Surely the staff members have better things to be doing than enforcing things like that.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So don't "hoard" the reports, but make sure to get at least 30 bans (or whatever it is) every month? That makes no sense. Honestly, mods hoarding reports was never an issue when I was a mod, so I don't see how it became an issue. Surely the staff members have better things to be doing than enforcing things like that.
There was a very loosely imposed rule that may have been around when you were, but it's been restricted even more to the point where I've heard moderators talking about not being willing to tackle a page or two of reports because they don't want to get in trouble. Frankly, even at the point within the staff team where there were lots of mods that were ripping through report abuses, that restriction only put stress on the mods and a damper on efficiency. We just need some clearer heads up in the staff management who are less worried about specifics and themselves, and more worried about the efficiency of the team and interaction with the community.

Ceraron

Platinum
Reaction score
just try to get an actual active owner and an anti-cheat over the summer

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There was a very loosely imposed rule that may have been around when you were, but it's been restricted even more to the point where I've heard moderators talking about not being willing to tackle a page or two of reports because they don't want to get in trouble. Frankly, even at the point within the staff team where there were lots of mods that were ripping through report abuses, that restriction only put stress on the mods and a damper on efficiency. We just need some clearer heads up in the staff management who are less worried about specifics and themselves, and more worried about the efficiency of the team and interaction with the community.
Yeah, but when I was staff it was more of "please leave some reports for other people to deal with because you're a nice person" not "You will be in big trouble if you do a few pages of reports."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci