• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

NoCheat Plus??????

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
I dont want NCP removed, but wouldn't it be possible for the mcsg developers to tweak it a little bit?

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Here's the deal. Remember when NCP wasn't working for a couple of days? If you don't....lucky you. Probably 80-90 hackers got banned that day. I remember playing 10 games, and in those 10 games minimum of 4 people were flying.......Come on. I do hate NCP sometimes, but at least it prevents SOME hackers... Edit: If you haven't already, look at iPromptjames MCSG custom client. If it will be required on these servers, it will prevent hackers from having a hacked .jar.

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
Well me and my friends have noticed these last couple of days that sometimes we can't hit people when we are fighting them and it causes us to die. So i asked a moderator and they say its the new ''NoCheat Plus'' and I'm like WTF. I would rather have a hacker that i can hit, then a non hacker that i can't hit. So I'm posting this for the people who want it removed. In the replies below say why you would want NoCheat removed. Thanks! :D
Yeah, they are aware of this, and the plugin is also insanly inaccuarate. but if it help take away forcefeild then i wont mind loesing a few matched :)

Jackthepwnzor

Experienced
Reaction score
It's not something that's going to be removed removing this would bring back a lot of the hacks such as flying ect. I would rather not being able to hit now and again then have a bunch of people flying to you and killing you. I am under the assumption Chad and Sub are just waiting on NCP to update as there build that we currently have is unstable, possibly because it was the first 1.4 build. I would suggest just dealing with it for now, it will be fixed soon. It's not in MCSG's hands, we must wait on a stable build.
I agree that No Cheat Plus is helpful, but can you try to make it less buggy? Because sometimes I can't hit people for some reason when I'm in their face and I know they don't have forcefield

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
...I'm getting really tired of these threads asking to remove NoCheatPlus.

I am starting to feel we might need to just make it so one server, for one day, has no NoCheatPlus on it to show people what it would really be like instead of what they are imagining it to be like...

Be patient, guys. They are working on it. This has been discussed numerous times, NoCheatPlus will not be removed. That is not an option.
Well ive been killed by forcefeild a few times now, NCP is inaccurate

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
Quick question to all of those "Get rid of NCP!" supporters -- would you rather have a person you can sometimes hit or a person who flies around and you can never hit? I hate how I lose games to "sometimes" hitting people, too. The only sensible solution is just to tweak sensitivity or have the Development team actually go in NCP and fix the problem. (I believe they're already doing that, btw)

We'll just have to be patient. :/
Yeah but people still use Force feild

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Here's the deal. Remember when NCP wasn't working for a couple of days? If you don't....lucky you. Probably 80-90 hackers got banned that day. I remember playing 10 games, and in those 10 games minimum of 4 people were flying.......Come on. I do hate NCP sometimes, but at least it prevents SOME hackers... Edit: If you haven't already, look at iPromptjames MCSG custom client. If it will be required on these servers, it will prevent hackers from having a hacked .jar.
All clients can be faked. I've talked with one of the users making a custom client, I don't quite remember who, but even with my authentication method, it would be fakeable.
Everything has a backdoor when there's no way to verify the client's files.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Who said it'd be required? I think it's just meant to be something helpful for MCSG users, not required...

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am kind of thinking that all the problems people are having aren't just caused by NC+. I have never gotten any of these problems occurring to me. I don't run any mods though, not even optifine. I like NC+ because of this, and i was able to fist a hacker to death because he couldn't hit me and stopped moving after jumping through water. I get the ladder lag, or i have gotten it bef0re because i gave up on the course, but that was along time ago. Nothing else happend to me so i am almost positive it is something else.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
All clients can be faked. I've talked with one of the users making a custom client, I don't quite remember who, but even with my authentication method, it would be fakeable.
Everything has a backdoor when there's no way to verify the client's files.
At least it can still restrict the usual bandwagon hackers.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I am kind of thinking that all the problems people are having aren't just caused by NC+. I have never gotten any of these problems occurring to me. I don't run any mods though, not even optifine. I like NC+ because of this, and i was able to fist a hacker to death because he couldn't hit me and stopped moving after jumping through water. I get the ladder lag, or i have gotten it bef0re because i gave up on the course, but that was along time ago. Nothing else happend to me so i am almost positive it is something else.
I hardly ever have the problem myself as well.
Some people have been speculating that it has to do with trying to do damage too often or something like that. (clicking too fast.) Maybe you and I just click slower than most people. Hmm...

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I hardly ever have the problem myself as well.
Some people have been speculating that it has to do with trying to do damage too often or something like that. (clicking too fast.) Maybe you and I just click slower than most people. Hmm...
Yeah i thought about this too but i have had a couple moments where i have been clicking much to fast for the game not to think i was hacking, i had sneaked up to a person and literal killed him in a second when he had some decent armor (with a iron sword.) Just wondering g33ke, do you use any mods (optifine included)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci