• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New VIP's?

kingusa12

Quantum
Reaction score
I'm making a map with my friends. Gonna make the thread soon.

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Kingusa12 ... Let me in on tht map making i must obtain. VIP

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
Currently, anyone who contributed to a map that has been added to MCSG gets VIP. Personally I think only the main builder should get it, but this is how it currently stands.
So doesn't that mean that Hendrick, SoggyPickle, I and other people who helped with Valleyside get VIP since Valleyside is in MCSG?

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
I posted after reading what Le0 said.
Mmkay, let me clarify on that.
Most maps will have one maker (the leader, generally) gain the VIP rank.
Some maps, which are built by 2 people, will have both if they are both pretty much equally responsible for it.

When it comes to larger build teams or groups, generally just the leader of the team/build achieve the VIP rank. This is due to the simple fact that we can't give VIP to everyone, and they will have to choose who, if it is a large build team. (There is an exception with the PMC build contest, where of course part of the prize is VIP for multiple members of the team.)

Basically, if you have to ask for VIP, chances are you are probably not going to get it, as we have already discussed this with the map makers. Sorry for any confusion, perhaps I was a bit too general.

And remember, VIPs are normal players, who are still subject to bans, deranking, etc. It's a responsibility, not just a flashy purple name, and anyone with it is expected to act appropriately.

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
Mmkay, let me clarify on that.
Most maps will have one maker (the leader, generally) gain the VIP rank.
Some maps, which are built by 2 people, will have both if they are both pretty much equally responsible for it.

When it comes to larger build teams or groups, generally just the leader of the team/build achieve the VIP rank. This is due to the simple fact that we can't give VIP to everyone, and they will have to choose who, if it is a large build team. (There is an exception with the PMC build contest, where of course part of the prize is VIP for multiple members of the team.)

Basically, if you have to ask for VIP, chances are you are probably not going to get it, as we have already discussed this with the map makers. Sorry for any confusion, perhaps I was a bit too general.

And remember, VIPs are normal players, who are still subject to bans, deranking, etc. It's a responsibility, not just a flashy purple name, and anyone with it is expected to act appropriately.
Thanks for clarifying, I was a bit confused :)

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Probedly they made some maps

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Call me nitpicky, but I'm running into a pretty insane amount of VIPs ever since the new maps are being added. I don't have any problem with the map makers getting a new rank, as some of them truly do deserve it, but it's sort of defeating the point of VIP when there are 4 or 5 of them in a match now.

It seems relatively easy for these teams who were PMC accepted to get it. Can't the main team leader just throw in a couple of friends names into the build process, even if they really only placed down a block or two, and "lie" about them having quite a large part in the actual process. This is my opinion on why only the project leader should get it.

This sort of leads into my next point. Wouldn't it be possible to create a rank for these map builders? Give them a light green or blue name, then they'll get a bit more recognition for what they did and not get questioned and slandered on why they have VIP as I've seen in quite a few lobbies so far.

egoldo

Career
Reaction score
Call me nitpicky, but I'm running into a pretty insane amount of VIPs ever since the new maps are being added. I don't have any problem with the map makers getting a new rank, as some of them truly do deserve it, but it's sort of defeating the point of VIP when there are 4 or 5 of them in a match now.

It seems relatively easy for these teams who were PMC accepted to get it. Can't the main team leader just throw in a couple of friends names into the build process, even if they really only placed down a block or two, and "lie" about them having quite a large part in the actual process. This is my opinion on why only the project leader should get it.

This sort of leads into my next point. Wouldn't it be possible to create a rank for these map builders? Give them a light green or blue name, then they'll get a bit more recognition for what they did and not get questioned and slandered on why they have VIP as I've seen in quite a few lobbies so far.
they should make a different rank name instead of V.I.P. They should get a rank called, maybe map maker!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci