• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New computer (I need help!)

Cordena

Spectator
Reaction score
So I'm just going to jump straight into it, laptop gaming sucks and I don't want something too expensive. So with the help of some friends, we made this build(mostly them I'm dumb).

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tVCpyc

If you can maybe recommend some better parts(even if it cost more, I'll think about it). Here is what you need to know how I am going to use it.

I want to stick with Windows 7, so no, I ain't gonna change that. I am looking for a better monitor though. I'm not a fan of 19+inches sooooo... and if anyone is a genius, please tell me the fps range of this computer (lets say medium settings, recording, using an HD pack in a 1v1 arena)

Thanks for the help, peace.

Cordena

Spectator
Reaction score
EDIT:
"Here is what you need to know how I am going to use it." was a typo, ignore it.

Massacr3D

Diamond
Reaction score
AMD CPU + AMD graphics card = Good, because they have the same drivers. If you want to know more about it, go on PC forums, not MCSG :p
btw you should buy I5, it's like the same price as the FX8320, because to run this processor you need really good cooler, in I5 you can play with box cooler, like me. I have I5 4460

DazzerS

Spectator
Reaction score
It's best to get a 23.6 inch monitor. Small ones tend to not be good and trust me it'll benefit you if you get a bigger one.

Alexandre

Platinum
Reaction score
I would recommend you getting a nvidia geforce gtx760 and a I7 make sure you get a nice CPU aswell :)

namespace

Tribute
Reaction score
AMD CPU + AMD graphics card = Good, because they have the same drivers.
Please do not say anything like that ever again. That's one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum.

Cordena I'd go with something like this if I were you (Add the custom stuff from the build you linked). You'll want to go with Intel instead of AMD; this build will offer you a lot more performance at the same price. You could probably get a cheaper PSU; this just offers you some upgradability and it's not that expensive.

If you'd rather not include rebates, pick a similar GPU/Motherboard and change out the PSU for a lower model. If you have some cash to spare I highly recommend you get an SSD, it will improve desktop performance dramatically.

I would recommend you getting a nvidia geforce gtx760 and a I7 make sure you get a nice CPU aswell :)
There is no reason to get a 760. It's outdated and much more expensive than it's worth. He doesn't need an i7 for his needs/this price range.

Massacr3D

Diamond
Reaction score

Please do not say anything like that ever again. That's one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum.

Cordena I'd go with something like this if I were you (Add the custom stuff from the build you linked). You'll want to go with Intel instead of AMD; this build will offer you a lot more performance at the same price. You could probably get a cheaper PSU; this just offers you some upgradability and it's not that expensive.

If you'd rather not include rebates, pick a similar GPU/Motherboard and change out the PSU for a lower model. If you have some cash to spare I highly recommend you get an SSD, it will improve desktop performance dramatically.

There is no reason to get a 760. It's outdated and much more expensive than it's worth. He doesn't need an i7 for his needs/this price range.
I mean that's not good, that was irony, a lot of ppl have issues with it.

DazzerS

Spectator
Reaction score

The Gtx 760 is still a great video card to buy. I have one and it still runs great.

namespace

Tribute
Reaction score
The Gtx 760 is still a great video card to buy. I have one and it still runs great.
No. It's an old card and the price is too high for what it's worth. Nobody should buy a three year old card at original retail price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci