• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Need your Help!!!

Is my name allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No (Please elaborate)

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

So recently I've just been banned on my alt account for an unnapropriate name ; IWreckYoAss.

I was told I can then dispute it once 1.8 name changes come out, which im completely fine with, but bumbed about the reason that a Moderator specially said that my name is not considered banable, but now after 1-1.5 months of playing on that alt, I've been dragged to a Sr.Staff Channel and told by two Sr.Mods (Which of the names I won't be revealing) and told that the name is unnapropriate.

Now when I tried explaining my subject towards them, they went into other moderator channels and asked if the name is appropriate or not, now this is all the staff saying no, but they don't ask the community? Exactly why I need your guys help and opinions.

They then stated that they have a "List of Banable words" which I then asked them to show this "List" but they didn't but the result of asking me asking for a valid "List" is a 14day ban and them not fairly listening to me and banning me of Teamspeak for the reason "Back talking staff" even though I was asking for a valid "List" that they stated they had.

Now, I need your guys help and opinions and your votes if this name ; IWreckYoAss is unnapropriate.

Also, their only evidence towards my bán was "What if a parent was looking over his/her child and then sees the name "IWreckYoAss", what would they think?" Now my response to that was, "There are kids who are 4 and are using much more offensive language and Ass would be considered unnapropriate?"

Please guys, I need all of your support and opinions on this.
Help a fellow and the staff realise how MCSG is going the wrong way, and how we lust for rights for ourselves, sorry I made it sound chessy there, but in all seriousness please give me your guys feedback.

Plus as Mooclan stated on his thread, this is a community thread and need viewing of their opinions, if any flame is resulted please delete that comment, do not write up a giant Paragraph stating that this thread is not allowed and locked for reason that don't even match this, plus I won't be surprised if the Sr.Mods that were involved in this locked this thread :/

Sorry if the thread got too long, I was angry in a right and peaceful way!

Reaction score
They then stated that they have a "List of Banable words" which I then asked them to show this "List" but they didn't but the result of asking me asking for a valid "List" is a 14day ban and them not fairly listening to me and banning me of Teamspeak for the reason "Back talking staff" even though I was asking for a valid "List" that they stated they had.
Srsly, most r*****ed reasons.
I think you should get unbanned, as the moderator gave you false information...

Reaction score
This is definitely not the way to ask for an unban, even if the community agrees it's up to the senior staff, making it all public will only create hatred towards it. You should just write a ban dispute and hope for the best.
I know , but I want your guys opinions on this, they said yes you can go make a thread but that won't change anything, I know it won't, but I want to know what you guys think? Is this fair, I don't mind as I'm allowed to bypass this bán.

Reaction score
This is definitely not the way to ask for an unban, even if the community agrees it's up to the senior staff, making it all public will only create hatred towards it. You should just write a ban dispute and hope for the best.
^ Can't really get unbanned without posting a dispute :p
Mod that locks this, pls don't put the usual "If you think you were unfairly banned please make a dispute here: ---" xD I think he knows where to make a ban dispute.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've seen much worse names go unpunished. There's a guy going round hacking on EU called "ABORTlON" that still hasn't been banned. Your name is a harmless joke with the word "ass" in it which really isn't going to offend anyone, whereas his was clearly made to offend.

Reaction score
I've seen much worse names go unpunished. There's a guy going round hacking on EU called "ABORTlON" that still hasn't been banned. Your name is a harmless joke with the word "ass" in it which really isn't going to offend anyone, whereas his was clearly made to offend.
Thank you <3

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the name, in my opinion. It is stupid how one moderator said yes thats fine then a few months later, bam, it suddenly becomes bad... It just doesn't make sense. There are much worse names as I_love_desk said, that go unpunished or even unseen....

Broowaki

Experienced
Reaction score
I would have questioned your name, for obvious reasons, but in terms of banning you, I wouldn't have taken action.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Mhmm, so how about let's get both sides before someone rants on about a Sr. Mod who bans them, shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci