• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mykul's thoughts on the chest update (gud gramur 4 lyf)

Mykul_

Diamond
Reaction score
So since everyone else seems to be creating their own threads giving their opinions I figure I may as well join in.

So I've played a couple of games on the new update over a few different maps. Some of which I dont have a route for, and some that I have extremely OP routes for. On the maps which I dont have a route I feel like I became a complete noob again; the T1's have been nerfed to the point where you can barely even get full Leather out of 4/5 chests (from my own experience) and I ended up going into a fight where I had 3 armour bars against a team of 2, of which one of them was completely OP'ed with 8.5 armour simply because of the T3's. Yes, I know that the diamond armour has been removed, but, the nerf on armour in T1 and T2 chests compared to how OP one T3 can leave you simply baffles me. Now back to my earlier point :p For the maps where I had an OP route I ended up being on the other end of the armour scale and obviously this left me in a much easier position to win the game. Overall, I preferred the v2 chests to the ones in the new update but I am more than welcoming to new changes if it pleases the majority of the players.

I really like the new items that have been added to T1's. I love how trolly some of the items are and how useless a lot of them are. I think the tweaks to arrows, sticks etc is absolutely perfect, I have never really had to craft arrows because of the abundance of them in chests and I like the danger aspect of the time it takes to craft them due to a lack of them now. I really don't like the TNT item, for me, it makes it far too much like the other large survival games server.

Now onto something that I've seen a lot during my short time on the forums:

I've seen multiple posts from "Well known forumers" complaining that everything that people on the forums want should count for more than what the average MCSG player want. I agree with this to a certain extent, however, there are a few of these forumers that automatically think they stand for the entire community when they state their OWN opinion. I wont name names but I think that most people will know who I'm talking about.

What does this have to do with the Chest update, you might wonder, well, let me explain
Many of these forumers have been around for a long period of time, seemingly around the v1 period. Now an awful lot of these players loved v1, I never played during that period of time so I cant give my own personal opinion on it. Now these forumers have a lot of power (or so it would seem anyway) within the community and they seemingly want to make this into a more "survival" orientated game type and therefore want the more scarce v1 chests back. Whereas I prefer more PVP based game and therefore like v2 more. I respect everyones opinions on what they prefer but people are going way too far overboard with the way they are acting just to try and get their preference picked out. Telling people to leave a game, a community, a family just because they have a different opinion to you is completely out of line.
Food is most definitely something which I think there needs to be less variety of, for example; things that fill the same amount of hunger and saturation Steak & Porkchops, surely one of these should be removed? There are others but this thread is already getting too long so I'll just cut myself off. I like the current amount of food, I Just feel it needs a small tweak.

I guess that will do for now. xD

Apologies for my poor grammar and spelling if you actually read all that

TL;DR
- Dislike armour changes
- Like the changes to arrows, feathers, sticks etc (Not TNT)
- Food needs to just be tweaked from v2 rather than a switch which takes us back to v1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci