• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Rant about Mod Application's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't see why these arguments are being made.

I will make 2 points.

1. Once again, if you want to help the community against hackers, being a normal player is better ( See previous post on previous page )
2. The world is not fair, some 12-14 year olds are just immature and ruin the chance for others. Also, most 16 year olds would rather talk with peers, other then some kids that are still in middle school. When it comes down to it, they have a very generous age limit. If this was my server and I was older, I would make the age limit atleast 18, if not higher.

RaddishDew

Survivor
Reaction score
If the world was to go to hell, the bullets you held were the amount of times you would survive an encounter with the bandits and hell-beasts that roamed a desolate and destroyed earth. A 13 year old roams the streets, in a bulletproof vest, holding a worn hunting rifle, a fire axe slung over his shoulder, he wears ripped clothes, but has seen enough and done enough unforgivable things to compensate for his age and immaturity. Hell, and experience forges a man as much as time does. He walks the streets and sees a group of badly equipped people, they are all 15 and walk inexperienced on the road, and past snipers nestled in the hills, he greets them and asks what they are doing, and they reply wearily that they must infiltrate a pharmacy to help with the arrhythmia of a fellow teenager, 18 years old but a good friend of the group, the child looks at the rag-tag group and decides he will aid them.
Would the 18 year old who would plan the operation from his bedside and deathbed DENY the child with equal skill as the most skilled and experienced member of there group to aid the group in infiltrating the pharmacy? Does age really matter in this situation?
In reality, age is the amount of time resting upon the solemn earth, surely if a child could best a man at his literary skills, his knowledge, and have reasonable and achievable ideals for the world and community he wishes to aid and the abilities to do so with others whom share the ideals of his peers he should be allowed access. Age matters in situations such as buying alcohol, as it kills brain cells and it is more handleable at an older, more mature age, age matters in situation where the creation of sustainable life hangs in the balance, but does age matter in keeping justice? Lucidictive makes a point that the middle-school dwellers and their hormones may isolate them from the larger more respectable and reliable group, but is this enough of a reason to discriminate from younger age groups from obtaining power? As life goes on people become colder and bitterer, children expect for everything to succeed and be happy, and strive to make everything right, more older people accept that this may not be the case and head for a middle ground, but if humans require passion and enthusiasm to make things right to possibly achieve there goals and the optimum outcome, then children themselves work in a better and in different ways to adults, not in a disastrous way childish way, but in a good way. Surely combining two large groups to create a more balanced and happy community us beneficial to both the groups in question AND the community they wish to aid.
I am 12. I have moderating experience in other communities, I keep peace on servers and follow protocol and do things the way I consider right, I solve issues just like the more experienced and older people on the servers. Due to my age, I have lot's of free time, and possibly do more work than the upper echelon does as a unit.
This is my honest opinion.

Reaction score
If the world was to go to hell, the bullets you held were the amount of times you would survive an encounter with the bandits and hell-beasts that roamed a desolate and destroyed earth. A 13 year old roams the streets, in a bulletproof vest, holding a worn hunting rifle, a fire axe slung over his shoulder, he wears ripped clothes, but has seen enough and done enough unforgivable things to compensate for his age and immaturity. Hell, and experience forges a man as much as time does. He walks the streets and sees a group of badly equipped people, they are all 15 and walk inexperienced on the road, and past snipers nestled in the hills, he greets them and asks what they are doing, and they reply wearily that they must infiltrate a pharmacy to help with the arrhythmia of a fellow teenager, 18 years old but a good friend of the group, the child looks at the rag-tag group and decides he will aid them.
Would the 18 year old who would plan the operation from his bedside and deathbed DENY the child with equal skill as the most skilled and experienced member of there group to aid the group in infiltrating the pharmacy? Does age really matter in this situation?
In reality, age is the amount of time resting upon the solemn earth, surely if a child could best a man at his literary skills, his knowledge, and have reasonable and achievable ideals for the world and community he wishes to aid and the abilities to do so with others whom share the ideals of his peers he should be allowed access. Age matters in situations such as buying alcohol, as it kills brain cells and it is more handleable at an older, more mature age, age matters in situation where the creation of sustainable life hangs in the balance, but does age matter in keeping justice? Lucidictive makes a point that the middle-school dwellers and their hormones may isolate them from the larger more respectable and reliable group, but is this enough of a reason to discriminate from younger age groups from obtaining power? As life goes on people become colder and bitterer, children expect for everything to succeed and be happy, and strive to make everything right, more older people accept that this may not be the case and head for a middle ground, but if humans require passion and enthusiasm to make things right to possibly achieve this, then children themselves work in different ways to adults, not in a disastrous way, but in a good way. Surely combining two large groups to create a more balanced and happy community us beneficial to both the groups in question AND the community they wish to aid.
I am 12. I have moderating experience in other communities, I keep peace on servers and follow protocol and do things the way I consider right, I solve issues just like the more experienced and older people on the servers. Due to my age, I have lot's of free time, and possibly do more work than the upper echelon does as a unit.
This is my honest opinion.
No 10/10 jokes now, Raddish for mod. Now.

RaddishDew

Survivor
Reaction score
I just noticed the hideous amount of typos and lack of sense in sections of my post. I think I've suffocated the flame of my own argument, or does this aid it? Even Adults are not impervious to errors and mistakes in both their language and speech, and their ideals, surely both Adults and Children alike make mistakes, surely, deep down, that is what differs us from regulated and oiled machines. In addition, the difference between an adult and a child is a second, a second chose by the government, not god, but a parliament chose by Adults themselves. It appears children are not allowed a say in any way but surely this is childish to let a vast majority of living, breathing, thinking beings have no say or input in a choice of such great importance. Did the people of Parliament define the time of adulthood using, cold, hard, unquestionable science, or but there own thoughts? Thoughts are flimsy unneeded phrases getting in the way of the fact, yet a thought supported by evidence is a though worth hearing. I'm not questioning the defined age, as it is both reasonable and relatively well decided, but surely a matter of seconds does not make a man.

RaddishDew

Survivor
Reaction score
Random, if you'll look at the text it mentions my age, is this below 15, the required age? Yes. I guess this is the reason I'm here.

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
Too many metaphors, can't compute, METAPHOR OVERLOAD METAPHOR OVERLOAD METAPHOR OVERLOAD METAPHOR OVERLOAD METAPHOR OVERLOAD

Headsplosion.

RaddishDew

Survivor
Reaction score
When I got an alert, I thought I'd find a genuine reply, criticizing my points, my spellings, my ideals, but apparently it was just Mr Dice being destroyed by the over-use of metaphors. By the way, if your head really has exploded, what is it like to be dead?

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
When I got an alert, I thought I'd find a genuine reply, criticizing my points, my spellings, my ideals, but apparently it was just Mr Dice being destroyed by the over-use of metaphors. By the way, if your head really has exploded, what is it like to be dead?
Urg braaaiiiins, I wouldn't criticise your, braaaaiiiins, points because, as you may have noticed in earlier posts, I agree with them, braaaaaaiiiiiiinss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci