• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My personal thoughts on the chest update.

Reaction score
I'm going to start out by saying one thing, "If it aint broke, dont fix it!" -Thomas Bertam.

Personally, I thought v2 was fine. I LOVED it, the fact that the chests had more stuff gave EVERYONE a chance, now, its honestly become a luck game. If you find a T3, well, frankly, GG. Tier 3's are so OP compared to say a regular T2. To be honest, i dont like that, like I mentioned above, v2 made it possible for anyone to win who had a decent chest route.

Before anyone goes complaining about crap like "You dont know what v1 was like omg, you just too stubborn to change." Well, to all ready to make that post, i would like to direct you to my profile; Joined: Oct 15, 2012. Yeah, ive been around.

Know, back on topic, what would I like to change? Well, at this point, quite a bit. For starters, chests dont have jack in them anymore, so I dont get why a bunch are removed. (i know there is a glitch with some chests not being there, but i mean chests that WERE removed.) I'm actually quite open to change, but I dont like how its happened. My initial suggestion; Please put more stuff in chests. At the moment, there just isnt enough stuff in chests. I'm sorry to all who will say, "But its the SURVIVAL games." If you want the "SURVIVAL games, go play on one of those kit servers where you can literally do survival and kill people.

I would very much appreciate if this update didnt go through, but its inevitable at this point.. So, let me just show you one thing; http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/stats/polls/ , look at Number 8, heres to 'listening to the community'. So if this does go through, then please at least put a little more stuff in the chests.

-Torchy

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree, and I've been around since the start. Also if people question torch's time here I can vouche for him, I can even bring up posts from like October of 2012 if needed.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
On a serious discussion, I do agree. You know you're not going to have fun when you have to start carrying around a bowl and shrooms the whole map. I loved v1. But the food system... not so much. Everyone complains about how theres too much food, I don't think they realize that they can just take a certain amount of food and throw away the rest....

I'm not going to talk about the T3 chests, because I haven't ran into one yet, but seriously, at least make the chest respawn there if it isn't a T3 chest...

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Luck of the draw is nice :)
Depends on how you look at it. Mcsg has always been roughly 30% pvp skill 30% tactics 40% luck, with this update I feel now its roughly 15% pvp skill 25% tactics and 60% luck in getting a teir 3

NewieLordArbiter

Experienced
Reaction score
~My thoughts on the chest update~
Personally, this chest update definitely isn't my favorite. I am a beta player (though I joined in late beta) and I remember the days when chests were nerfed and gear was scarce. I remember loving those days, but then, v2 came out. At first I hated v2 but as I got used to it I loved the idea. Although the chests were kind of OP they were being split up between 24 players. This added more of a PvP element to the games as players can get better gear and fight each other without running the entire game. Also, I know that some people thought that MCSGv2 chests were too OP and that's the reason why v3 has less gear in chests. However, if you look at @Torchy 's post and you click the link he posted you can see the overall poll of how people felt about chests. The overwhelming majority felt that it would be better to keep version 2 chests. I don't know if people misread the poll or disregarded it because now, when v3 is about to come out, almost all the chests are nerfed. There's tier 1's with terrible loot as they can barely even provide you with a weapon, much less armor and food. Then you have tier 2's which can maybe give you either an average chestplate and leggings or a good pair of boots or helmet. After that, there's still tier 3's. Tier 3's have the possibility of getting full iron, a diamond helmet, and an iron sword. If you open 1 tier 3 you literally win the game. This is the survival games, not the luck games. Adding to that, not only were the chests nerfed, some were completely taken away. I mean, if you're going to make gear incredibly scarce at least keep the number of chests, don't reduce it. As you can see, I definitely prefer the MCSGv2 update over this one and would love, as would the majority of the community, if we could revert back. Everyone is given an equal chance, there are intense fights, and you don't have the constant risk of starving to death.

jetsfan7

Diamond
Reaction score
In the 3 tier 3 s I've found the new I've gotten I iron legs iron boots and 3 tnt

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
Edit: It's a hard time being a noob tbh

Last edited:

TimmaaaaH

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed with everything you just said. Polls are there for a reason they are meant to find the majority and then act so they can be please if there are only 2 options as far as I can tell. But as always people like to think that even though they are the minority, they still are right. No offense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci