• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My MCSG Story (500th post)

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Hello, My name is Yannick but I'm also known as yannr00s.
So this is my 500th post and I thought I would do something special, so I'm writing my MCSG story.

So in 2012 I used to be obsessed with watching youtubers, especially vloggers. Joey Graceffa was one of them. In August 2012 he made a gaming channel which he started playing Minecraft on. I enjoyed watching his videos but I never bought the game my self. Later he started to go on some servers and then he joined one server called MCSG (back then). I loved the movie "Hunger Games" so I wanted to play Survival Games. I kept begging for my mom to buy Minecraft for me then in October 2012 she finally said ok and I bought the Account "yannr00s" (Its my old PSN name, its stands for my name: Yannick Roos). Then I joined this server and started playing.

As you could imagine I was really bad. Ive never even played Vanilla Survival. I used to play on my old laptop, in my bed, using my trackpad. Like I said, I was bad, but I still enjoyed playing.
Later I started to look up some youtubers that played this game, I came across: ThatOneTomahawk, DevonDoesGames, SirShmoopies, Blamph etc. I used to watch them for tips and routes..

Then I got my iMac and played on my desktop using a mouse. I noticed it was easier to kill people.
I kept playing and then one day I got my first win, after playing about 900 games. So I was: 1/900.
This was in May 2013. I kept playing and getting better.

In December 2013 I somehow managed to get 450 wins. I was still a newbie. In December 2013 I saw a video in my youtube subscriptions: MCSG: PVP Tips & Ticks, uploaded by Huahwi123. I watched it and learned some things. Then I kept getting better and better.

One day I was in a game with my IRL friend who just bought Minecraft (He could barely walk). I came across a big team, I think it was a team of 5 or 6. I got mad because they killed my friend and how was I suppose to win that game. The team were some people from the clan Chrome. There was: Denster91, Alpha, Ag | Alex, Toe.
Then they typed in chat: "Whats your Skype?" ,"Wanna join our clan?", "Wanna play with us?". I didn't know what a clan was so I asked them, they explained it to me. Then they added me on Skype and I joined their call. I actually won that game. Then I joined their clan, So I was in Chrome, my first ever clan. I met my first friends in that clan.

When Chrome, Chrome V2 got disbanded. I just played solo, or with my brother Kaelanr123. We used to rage so bad, because we sucked. I was clanless and no friend in the game.
I kept meeting some people and Skype with them, maybe once or twice, but not like friends.

After that I saw this guy named YuenglingsMC / Tqctics and he asked me to join his clan. I joined that clan. That was probably the most fun Ive had in 2014. We were a randy clan: Victors, with randy people. But It was awesome, even though we all sucked. We were amazing friends. In that clan I met MrJuanetMC, ItsBarbo and more.

Then I was tryharding to get 1000 wins, because I would always see people with 1000 wins and be like omg how do they have so many wins. Then in May 2014 I got my 1000th win with some of my friends from the clan Victors. But then sadly the clan got disbanded and I barley talked to them anymore.

Then I used to try to be active on the forums and make friends there, but no luck. I tried to participate in some community events but always forgot or just didn't get accepted. I just stopped playing because I didn't enjoy it anymore. But then in December I was at 1500 wins and I was like I'm not that far from 2000. OMG. Imagine if I could get 2000 wins. So then I started tryharding again and I got my 2000th win on February 28th 2015, with my brother Kaelanr123 and Tqctics.

Then I kinda somehow got into this group of friends here on the forums. smashmaster YourAverageTiger Vigilo FlaqeL | Nick TheMangoTiger Ceroria and more. We even started an SMP.

I used to always fangirl over smashmaster because he was so good and had 2000 wins! I was exited that I was talking to him on the forums. I kept posting on his wall saying that we should play sometime but never thought it would happen because he maybe didn't like me. Then one day he calls me on Skype and I'm all awkward and we started playing. That was when #yannster started. Now I don't even like playing solo anymore. I only play with him <3.

Then there was this event: The Deception Games 3, hosted by Ninetailefox92 and I applied, but I didn't get accepted. smashmaster did get accepted and he put me as his proxy, meaning that if he couldn't play I would take his position. He couldn't play so I was playing in the deception games. I was very exited. I was teamed with Vanicle & ThiNgY | Will. I ended up winning the Deception Games 3 which was probably one of the best moments I had in this community.

Then a month later MCGamer reseted the leaderboards on April 1st. I wanted to tryhard and get a high rank, but sadly I had to go on vacation April 2nd. So I couldn't play for like 10 days. Then I got back and started to play. I somehow managed to get 100 wins, but then sadly I had to travel again. I went to Mexico on May 1st, and I just got back yesterday.

Sorry that this is so long I just typed what I had in my head. I'm sure I forgot a lot.
Hope you enjoyed this and wanna be my friend. I'm always down to meet new people.

Now I'm gonna mention some other friends I made in this community:
dindavid
TotalDramaTony
xAirking_
iStrykr
bbLLERMC
nba
SkitThePsyco
Grufalo54
Aidan
HohoHD // Eddy
Isaacswag
Lennoxbball
Ex0dUs101
ExoB3a5t / Solrflare
X_LiQuid_WatEr_X
MYMIKE3
Patrified
OMGitsApple
Novyy
byRick
patrickfalcon
Scyther

Tell me if I forgot you.

Last edited:

InsanePickaxe

Survivor
Reaction score
Great story! I used to have about 20 friends who I played with consistently in V1 then I slowly lost all the people I knew when I quit and at the moment I have to play solo as well. Although I have made an effort to join a build team and am currently waiting for my mod interview! :)

itstomy

Diamond
Reaction score
Was very interesting and nice work on your 500th post and 69th person to get 2000 wins ;)

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
It means allot that you put me in this and thought I was good (Even though I suck) <3. I think I told you this but I am also pretty nervous when it comes to meeting people who are nice to me cause im afraid they wont like me, who would have thought I would meet the MCSG god yannr00s ? #Yannster!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci