• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Motivational Letter to individuals thinking of becoming a Moderator

Leontin2012

Survivor
Reaction score
Dear community,
Leontin here,

I resigned a couple months ago and the only reason that I am willing to provide to the public 'or allowed' is that I just had to much things happening in my life which made my job as a Moderator here at MCGamer very hectic and was nearly impossible.

Now, you want to become a Moderator yourself? Great, now prepare for this:
  • Paperwork
  • Following the rules to every little hidden thing, if you do not obey; the demote hammer will strike.
  • Being 'mature'.
  • Nearly perfect English typing and writing skills; This is to be gentle in TeamSpeak when talking to others needing your Moderating abilities. Writing to explain rules and just talk to others, if the other person isn't very good at English you'll need to know how to simplify your sentences to fit the other end.
  • Dedication; If you get as far as becoming a Moderator, you need to at least be on and Moderate the usual procedures everyday (when I was Moderator) for at least an hour.
  • The process of becoming a Moderator include; Application. (Recommended to be very clear and have at least 1800 words. -- Quality always outweighs Quantity) Reviewing you Application, this usually takes some days, maybe even up to a couple of weeks if your application is unclear and many Sr. Mods needs to review it to come up to the final decision on whether you were accepted to the last stage. !The Interview! This took, so long, for me. Approximately a month before I got into a interview chat room with the lovely Sr. Moderators. This is a very hefty task, if you FAIL this interview, you are back to square one. We're sorry, we need to see dedication on our upcoming Mods and this was the best way to see if you fit the roles.
  • And the most annoying thing of this all is that if you ever mess up the simplest and littlest thing you'll be abused by so many community members. They'll spam you with questions that are clearly in the FAQ, a lot of it is just people trying to get answers but it is annoying nonetheless.
You still want to become a Moderator and maybe even further? Marvelous, you'll love the journey, you'll be surrounded by humans you might see as divine, that's at least what I felt, when you become one of these extraordinary people, you've accomplished a goal, a very hard goal. This isn't just a video game server, we are a community made up of amazing people, people you want to meet in person but never get the chance to because good people usually sit in front of the screen nowadays. Not that endorse this behavior or make a statement that no good people are outdoors, this is completely my insane opinion!

Now enough with the chit chat, alright. You've made up your mind, you really really want to transform into this respected individual with a red name?

Go ahead, I won't stop you, no one will, but if you get declined, don't stop! Don't, guess how many times I was declined at the application stage? 13 times. Each one with at least 1800 words, my last one was around 4500 words. So if you get declined but you thought you made the best you could ever do? You didn't, you can't give up, this achievement won't crawl to you, don't be lazy. Fight, fight through every obstacle you face and you will become a very very respectful and respected "thing" that is called a

Suggestions of additions I could add, leave a comment. Thank you.
That's my letter to you guys that really wan't to be a Mod, this has been
Isac, AKA Leontin2012 (Now known as Le0ntin)

Sincerely yours,
A resigned Moderator.

Last edited:

J

District 13
Reaction score
Don't forget about constantly being abused for messing up by community members. Great thread Le0ntin, moderation needs someone with loads of preparations in store, but the ones who do succeed are the ones who never give up :)

Leontin2012

Survivor
Reaction score
Don't forget about constantly being abused for messing up by community members. Great thread Le0ntin, moderation needs someone with loads of preparations in store, but the ones who do succeed are the ones who never give up :)
That's a really nice message, I appreciate it.

Leontin2012

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, mods dont have to do anything on paper unless there is a NDA agreement but I highly doubt that is the case.
Well, what I mean by paperwork is that it's not really physical paperwork it's digital, an example I am allowed to share with you is: Moderators review players reports of people hacking, we then need to save a copy of the proof to our own channel and keep it there because all have agreed to do so. And not only do we need to do that, we need to sign that agreement every time we ban a user, we need to write a lot of things, so I would define that as paperwork, don't you think?

Creper_face

Career
Reaction score
Well, what I mean by paperwork is that it's not really physical paperwork it's digital, an example I am allowed to share with you is: Moderators review players reports of people hacking, we then need to save a copy of the proof to our own channel and keep it there because all have agreed to do so. And not only do we need to do that, we need to sign that agreement every time we ban a user, we need to write a lot of things, so I would define that as paperwork, don't you think?
Not really because what you are doing is simply agreeing to some things and saving links to your private hacking videos and I would not call that by any means "paperwork" because you need paper do be doing paper work and unless you are writing things down on a sheet of paper I don't consider that paperwork.

seamusdean

Experienced
Reaction score
As a former moderator, I think I can say how accurate this is. Great work on the thread, will be very useful for players looking to join the team.

Coferic

Gold
Reaction score
This thread made me proud to be an Ex-Staff member. lol
Sadly, my old Toshiba didn't like that...
Anyway, wonderful thread! This will let people who apply for this position know what's in store for them, as well as make the Sr. Staff's job easier because applicants will be more devoted. (Most likely)
+1

Reaction score
Didn't I make a letter with this literal EXACT prompt? Maybe it's just a misunderstanding, but very well written :) Great job my friend.

Leontin2012

Survivor
Reaction score
Didn't I make a letter with this literal EXACT prompt? Maybe it's just a misunderstanding, but very well written :) Great job my friend.
I'm terribly sorry if my letter was like yours, I had no clue there were other threads of this kind. Yet, I thank you for your great work, and I hope I didn't upset you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci