• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More rod spam, and less bow spam.

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
I would have to disagree with this suggestion. Here is why:

The same thing could be said in favour of those who use the bow. Less rod spam, more bow spam. It is all dependant on your player type.

The bow, much like the fishing pole, is part of the game. You have to learn to strategize around the players who bow spam or who rod spam. That is the skillful part of the game. One should not be favoured over the other.

Say the bow is my best weapon and the fishing pole is yours. If we were to remove the bow, for example, it allows you to have an unfair advantage against me. The bow and the fishing pole are both publicly available to all players, and therefore, should remain that way.

Think of hacked and modded clients. Because not everyone is capable or is knowledgable of how to install hacked or modded clients, and they are not publicly available through default Minecraft, they are illegal on our Network. It allows those using said hacked or modded clients to have an unfair advantage over those who are not. So in the end, it makes no sense to allow one type of player to have an advantage over another. Wether or not it is a bow spammer against a rod spammer or a hacker against a non-hacker, they are the same and it is just unfair.

For me personally, even though I can use the fishing pole every now and then, I still do not find it efficient for me as I am a bow type player. With my Canadian ping, I find it is hard for me to use a sword, so the bow is a great weapon to counter play those who rod spam on the daily.

All-in-all, if you have an issue with the way your opposing player is playing against you, strategize and find a way to counter play them. I mean, one aspect of the game is to become better than those around you and from what you previously once were. Right?

Also, this thread has been
moved to the proper section of the forums.

I hope you can all understand.

6block

Gold
Reaction score
I rodspam because I suck at bow. You just annoy bowspammers by rodding them so their aim messes up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci