• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moonlight Lake - Why Deleting It ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
My view on this.
MCSG shouldn't have added these 'bad' or poorly made maps in the first place. People may disagree but asking the community what maps should be added or removed is a TERRIBLE , TERRIBLE idea , because they will just keep the maps that they win on regularly or the ones they have a good chest route on. I think MCSG should have a group of pro builders taken from different build teams to judge the maps and they can vote amongst themselves which ones to scrap and which ones to keep. Personally I think moonlight and the new breeze islands should be removed. But anyway, MCSG needs to raise their bar and try get a new epic build team to help out. There are plenty out there and just because they aren't team vareide doesn't make them any worse. Fyreuk or mithrintia for example I'm sure wouldn't mind helping out.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think MCSG should have a group of pro builders taken from different build teams to judge the maps and they can vote amongst themselves which ones to scrap and which ones to keep. .
Hmm..... Perhaps. Are you you sure there wouldn't be bias? Each build team would surely want their maps in.... Then again, everyone has a preference I guess.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hmm..... Perhaps. Are you you sure there wouldn't be bias? Each build team would surely want their maps in.... Then again, everyone has a preference I guess.
if they are truly a good build team their maps would deserve to be added anyway.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
if they are truly a good build team their maps would deserve to be added anyway.
How would we figure out which build teams to let judge? I would assume they need some maps under their belt, that's a given but what else?

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
I still have been playing a lot of moonlight lake. I don't think we should delete any maps because that would give us more of a chance to get sg4 or breeze on our voting options.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
Okay. My main argument here, and I have to be blunt; the map is not well made, and isn't good.

How can you guys honestly say that a map like this deserves to be on the servers compared to other amazing maps?
Just look at maps such as Treachorous Heights, Blossom Isle, Pirate's Bay, Spiritual Grounds.. They are all amazing and much better than Moonlight Lake. They have buildings, good terraforming and plenty of chests that aren't taken in 2 minutes.

Moonlight is also very unfair, and depending on where you spawn, you can have a huge advantage compared to other people who are at a disadvantage and have to swim.
I think that this post is a bit unfair. While Moonlight Lake isn't my favorite map, I can tell there was a lot of effort put into it. It looks amazing from a bird's eye view, as well. I also really like the gameplay, but maybe that's just me.

But comparing it to Pirate's Bay? Seriously? No offense, but I have a pretty major problem with Pirate's Bay. It just doesn't really fit the right theme for the MCSG servers, and overall, it doesn't look like a great map to me.

GuyK, I hope that Moonlight Lake stays. I really love its gameplay.

Angryjukebox

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just gonna quote what I put in another thread...

1. The only thing Moonlight has going for it is the corn, the rest of the map is just small islands with trees, and cramped water space.
2. I haven't really played moonlight much in these past 3 weeks, so I don't see how it's more played than Karmunrah.
3. This is very vague, I often find myself just getting lost in the mess of trees, trying to find corn and maybe a person. In my eyes, it is not a very fun map.

The amount of trees on this map really makes it un-enjoyable, as getting on to just about any island requires breaking a few leaves, which makes escaping from a team/hacker or a sneak attack very difficult.

IMO, this map and asia games should never of been added, they were added in a haste just to get a few more maps.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The only thing I enjoy about the map is the PVP aspect. IMO, The terraforming is horrid, its undershaded half done terraforming that's made with WE.

The builds arent made properly, like the house with the million blocks .. -.-

The map doesnt fit a theme so it's not fun to play. the trees are all the same, no variaty.

The corn is unfair with all the lilypads, + if you get a weapon there, they all die.

The thing I like about it, is .. theres a lot of chests, and when you get a round in a PVP fight, they can be decent due to water and tight trees, but other than that, theres no variaty in the whole map, or while PVPing.

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
See this is where I'm confused. Because well made maps like yellowstone were removed and yet you are all saying that the ones we have here give so much to look at. SO DID YELLOWSTONE.
moonlight lake is fun. and thats what this is about. playing a game that is fun. i have never played on moonlight lake and said this isnt fun. its always fun because its small and you never know whats going to happen.

we had great maps that were beautiful that were removied and we kept ugly ones like breeze island. because IT'S PLAYED A LOT. when moonlight lake IS PLAYED A LOT.

i just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci