• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mojang Security News: April 8, 2014

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for announcing it!

Good thing I havent logged into minecraft or Mojang in the past 24 hours!

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, I doubt any minecraft accounts will be threatened to get stolen (besides big names like CaptainSparklez).

The thing with Heartbleed is that it's mostly focused on bank accounts, BTC, and PayPal.

I wouldn't be too worried if you're just an average user, however if you have a very high profile bank account with a handsome amount of wealth in it, I would change your passwords.

It also focuses on messages sent in the deep web. Business information and critical government information. The crime of stealing documents about tesla production.. god I wonder how fast you'd be put on death row.

Another thing to keep note of, this heartbleed bug has been around for a while, and it just got fixed yesterday. However, keep in mind some web services can still be using an old version of OpenSSL... I'd recommend you keep a different password for different services. Rest assured, most surface web services should be upgraded.

Last edited:

Zremyx

Diamond
Reaction score
I haven't logged in to the minecraft stuff in the 24 hour period ,But i still changed my password just to be safe. Thanks for letting us know about this.

norverified

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, wish me luck, my account is set to an email that doesn't exist...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci