• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderators abusing powers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_dose_

Experienced
Reaction score
Ive wanted to post this for awhile, but since the new mods came out ive noticed some of them are abusing there powers, ive seen one or two people getting kicked for making a plan publicly, ive seen mods (1-5 at a time) enter games and after they die all leave at once, ive also realised that in the application you had to be responsible and somewhat active on the forums, i was in the staff list the other day and i noticed a high amount of moderators with 1-20 posts while me and my friends are well in the hundreds(me hitting 200 with this post), and isnt the reason you got them was to be active and to NOT support PvP logging, abusing privilages and to set an example?
Sorry if this is the wrong area, im more active on the Maps pages and such ^.^
redirect me if this isnt the place please!
-Dose

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
I do see where your coming from but I don't believe that the mods are abusing there power, as even us mods still like to play on the servers together (as friends, as I'm sure you do with yours) on the odd occasion for a quick round between doing the normal mod stuff, as it's not all work and no play. :)

As for the lack of posts from some mods I can't really comment apart from that some mods have only just been accepted so probably need more time and we do alot of stuff behind the scenes other then reply to forum posts.

_dose_

Experienced
Reaction score
I do see where your coming from but I don't believe that the mods are abusing there power, as even us mods still like to play on the servers together (as friends, as I'm sure you do with yours) on the odd occasion for a quick round between doing the normal mod stuff, as it's not all work and no play. :)

As for the lack of posts from some mods I can't really comment apart from that some mods have only just been accepted so probably need more time and we do alot of stuff behind the scenes other then reply to forum posts.
It isnt a quick round, i was on the Live Server thingy and every time they left i refreshed a few times and saw them in another server. and almost EVERY time and they join when its in lobby, unlike some who atleast wait untill a match has begun
As Chad stated in another thread:

Please do so, and Chad will look into it.
I dont have any evidence recorded, as i have been working on the maps for a month or so now and had barly any time for hunger games, but its every round i go in almost

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
It isnt a quick round, i was on the Live Server thingy and every time they left i refreshed a few times and saw them in another server. and almost EVERY time and they join when its in lobby, unlike some who atleast wait untill a match has begun
Often we get reports of hackers or severe spammers on servers, and do have to mass switch from one server to another. Thats my only explanation i'm afraid. Maybe this isn't the case, but hey. As Noepje said, just type an email to Chad.

_dose_

Experienced
Reaction score
Often we get reports of hackers or severe spammers on servers, and do have to mass switch from one server to another. Thats my only explanation i'm afraid. Maybe this isn't the case, but hey. As Noepje said, just type an email to Chad.
Yeah sure, but i did /suicide at the start of a match and watched them, as soon as they died they hopped :p noone kicked at all >.>

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I agree, I think some of the Mod choices were very poorly made and not looked into well. Some of the moderators tend to act like they can do whatever they want on the forums.

_dose_

Experienced
Reaction score
I also think some lied about their age aswell, seeing the immaturity that some of them have, and how often i see them bragging 'youd better watch yourself or youll get kicked' or just straight up attention seeking by saying their a mod...

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
Well to be honest, until proof is at hand of Chad, there can be nothing done to stop power abuse if that's the case here. All i can say is that it is useless to speculate power abuse, and try to get proof next time it happens. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci