• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Metropolis (W.I.P)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
METROPOLIS
I had been working on a city in a single player world for a few months. It was a side-project that I never intended to complete. I was just going to keep building and expanding. After getting addicted to MCSG, I thought it was the perfect location to make an MCSG map. And so, METROPOLIS was born.
I will be working solo on this project, because I don't have a server to put the map on, and I don't want to get into a Hamachi mess. This won't be my main priority for the moment, but faster progress should be expected in the summer months.
Why "metropolis" you may ask? It's generic, representative of a bustling urban landscape, filled with skyscrapers, house districts, night life, etc... I wanted to represent that in the map I am creating. This will not be a run-down and torn-down type map, so I will put as much detail into it as possible.
At the moment, the map is small and has no dome around it. I will be working on the city, and I'm not sure about the glass dome around the map. Somebody may need to tell me if it's possible to insert one.
SCREENSHOTS
THANK YOU!
Constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!
kthxbai
-Mamiamato24

Psyonic123

Survivor
Reaction score
It's square meaning that the guys that spawn in the corners will get to corn later than the guys spawning in the middle:)
Also the spawn is up in the air, fine, but people will die super easy.
Yeah, it's not symetrical. So some people are instantly screwed. Also, I like the whole up
In the air idea.
It is kind of like TSG3 tho.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
It's square meaning that the guys that spawn in the corners will get to corn later than the guys spawning in the middle:)

Also the spawn is up in the air, fine, but people will die super easy.
Yeah..I'm probably going to edit the shape of it. I just built the corn in like an hour so...yeah :)
As for the "people will die easily" thing, I like the challenge in it, but I might find a way to make it more safe.
Thanks for responding! :D

Psyonic123

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah..I'm probably going to edit the shape of it. I just built the corn in like an hour so...yeah :)
As for the "people will die easily" thing, I like the challenge in it, but I might find a way to make it more safe.
Thanks for responding! :D
No way, if it was me- Id keep it that way. Two words; YOUR FAULT. Be aware of your surroundings. Your loss. ;P

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
The corn is really unfair... diamond? Shape it as a circle! Also, I don't like the corn in general. It just looks strange that it's floating. :/
+It's a naturally generated world. Maps like that won't usually get accepted. At least add a bit of worldediting around the place to make it look preeeeddyy. :)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
The corn is really unfair... diamond? Shape it as a circle! Also, I don't like the corn in general. It just looks strange that it's floating. :/
+It's a naturally generated world. Maps like that won't usually get accepted. At least add a bit of worldediting around the place to make it look preeeeddyy. :)
I donut know how to use worldedit. I downloaded it, and within 5 seconds of use, uninstalled it :p
NEW CORN YAAAAY!

Psyonic123

Survivor
Reaction score
I donut know how to use worldedit. I downloaded it, and within 5 seconds of use, uninstalled it :p
NEW CORN YAAAAY!
Hehe, 'donut'.
She knows. We just stated that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci