• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSGv3 Chest Update: Great, but needs improvements.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Great! But Needs Improvements!

The Breakdown
Me being one of the people that actively played in MCSGv1, I find this update to be blast from the past. I love it -- Rotten flesh, less arrows, less food, less FnS, it's more about Survival and PvP and now it's not just having a OP chestroute. Or is it?

-----------------------

Back in the day getting a diamond sword meant victory. I remember on SG2 when I got a diamond sword, I immediately thought, "I have this in the bag." (I was still a noob and died. Shhh, forget that part.) The reason I was so excited when snatched that sword was because getting 2 diamonds was a rare occasion. It was balanced back then. Getting a diamond helmet back then? Maybe 1/700 games. Unfortunately, with the Tier 3s getting a diamond boots and a helmet is now possible every 2/10 games (if you know where to go), which is way to much. And that's only diamond armor! Not talking about actual diamonds! Yes, v1 was balanced -- but without the Tier 3s. If we're going to have Tier 3s, make them less OP, and make Tier 2s spawn more items. What I would like to see is the Tier 3s become a lot more downgraded, and Tier 2s upgraded with more armor.

The other things I dislike about Tier 3s are the crafting tables and TNT. Coming from a map maker (Solar Frost, and Red Forest Member), crafting tables are a good tool. The reason corn is a popular "hotspot" on any map is largely because people go there to craft. Train is popular on SG4 for its crafting table. The beach on Holiday Resort is popular for its crafting table. The area by the foutain is popuar on Valleyside for its table. Point is, crafting tables force people together. They create good gameplay. If they are obtainable in Tier 3s, what's the point to go to a high traffic zone?

TNT. TNT is not elegant like a bow or arrow or even fishing rod. It's rough and hard to control. It doesn't seem "Survival Games-ish". Maybe it's just me, but I don't see TNT fitting in. Don't get me wrong, I can use it pretty well, but it's basically a inferior FNS in disguise. Think about it. FNS and TNT are good in tight locations, but TNT just takes longer to explode and therefore causes less damage. My recommendation is just simply replace TNT with more FNS? Or just take out TNT.

-----------------------

TL;DR?
Great update, love it, but it's not balanced. Tier 3s need to be downgraded, and Tier 2s upgraded. Less diamond armor spawning (or none). No TNT as it's a inferior FNS. Crafting Tables from Tier 3s should be removed. Want my reasoning? Read the thing.

-----------------------

People who asked me to write this:

@The Arena Master
@Virtual
@DQIX1
@Spike11

Last edited:

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
I agree, but don't make them take clocks. D: Not kidding. :3

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Again, I can't stress enough how much I love this update. This thread was mainly my complaints.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the update. It has some ups and some downs but this is only beta. They are taking note on what people say and I think after beta the update will be pretty nice. c:

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
This is basically what I was thinking as well, Theo.
Nice feedback. :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci