• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Sexist?

Do You Think Girl's Have A Better Chance of Making Mod?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
Frankly I'm disappointed in this thread :( I thought it was going to be pictures of the hottest girls on Mcsg :mad:

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ooh, ooh! I have some points to make in this!

1. Though the boy to girl ratio is staggeringly different, most guys are not mature, and tend to not be mod material. Girls on MCSG, on the other hand, tend to be more mature than around 60% of the guys, at least. One contribution to this is that most of them are older. You don't see many 12 or under girls on these forums, and if you do, they're really dang mature for their age.

2. In this community, there's the people who can easily be a good, likable mod and people who couldn't handle the honor/tasks. These people tend to be avid forumers. Forums usually take... patience, or at least a little disbursement of knowledge. If you lack these two things, you are often shunted out of the forums quickly by criticisms and not being able to understand what is happening. This makes gender bases. I guess you can say girls are faster to deny things to their lives (an assumption D:), so girls who make one false step or get bored with the forums quickly will judge it unworthy and move on. The small amount of girls who have persevered through this 'entrance time' are the girls who tend to stay. Guys have a harder time of dropping anything, which is the reason that tkt24freak is still here. This makes a larger number of mature as well as immature boys inundate the forums.

tkt24's argument is to look at it in perspective. He says that girls get accepted more, in ratio, but unfairly. I think cheese would be a proper metaphor for this community to make my point.

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
There is absolutely no discrimination when it comes to hiring staff. Infact, we have more male staff than female.

The only reason we have lately been hiring more female members of staff than male is purely coincidental. This is probably explained by the fact that girls tend to be better at writing long detailed applications, rather than 1 word sentences. :p

Your darling Darlo

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Of course there is, especially if a straight guy is making the choice for whether or not the person becomes a mod. But it's natural, occurring subconsciously, and therefore impossible to entirely eradicate.

Some freudian s**t I believe.

Reactions: Le0

Robdown2

Experienced
Reaction score
Seems like girls have a better chance of getting Mod, why is that MCSG?
No sexism. No choosing female applicants over males applicants. They decide it dependent, on the level of maturity shown through the time they have been a member of the MCSG community, also shown on their application form/email thingymabob.

It's statistically shown that females are usually more mature than males anyway. Hence it usually being female applicants that do apply more often become mods.

Also their is more male mods then females anyway. What's your issue? Did you get rejected by the staff?

MalciasX

Tribute
Reaction score
Am I the only person who read this as MCSG's sexiest ._.

And no, there is absolutely no gender discrimination in mod choice. No idea where you got that idea from XD
I. Can't. Stop. LOOKING AT THOSE PUPPIES! RUN PUPPIES RUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci