• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Map - Normandy

flohoho

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I doubt that map is gonna get chosen. Anyone can make just make a world, go into a desert biome, build some stone structures, build a friggen tnt cannon... its not even a good tnt cannon and whats up with the chest placement? is it supposed to be a new corn? well good luck with having it on mcsg.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh no no no, half assing a map in 1 hour will not cut it. 2 hours, 2 hours is what makes a map truly great.
Hey asshole, yeah, I'm not done. I put in 2 hours of work so far, I haven't half assed anything. I'm nowhere near done with this yet. And thank you Gaga for letting me know :)

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
It's neither nice nor fair to call someone an asshole just because they have a valid point that you don't like.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I doubt that map is gonna get chosen. Anyone can make just make a world, go into a desert biome, build some stone structures, build a friggen tnt cannon... its not even a good tnt cannon and whats up with the chest placement? is it supposed to be a new corn? well good luck with having it on mcsg.
Alright, I'm quitting this entire project now. Obviously no one but Gaga knows what constructive criticism is. I've never done this before, I don't know what exactly to do! I thought it would just be a fun thing to do, but apparently no one likes it. So unless this world paint thing gaga gave me works, I'm abandoning the project.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
It's neither nice nor fair to call someone an asshole just because they have a valid point that you don't like.
What was your valid point o wise one? You were being a sarcastic smart ass.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Guys, he doesnt have to be a professional. Infact, he doesnt have to do a map at all. All he's trying to do is make a map that's fun for others to play on. I don't understand why you would come on and just give him flat out crap for something he' s making in his own time, therefore there is no reason to be so harsh. I mean, I gave him critism, but I tried to make it so that I showed ways to improve.

Tigerstain

Diamond
Reaction score
Guys, he doesnt have to be a professional. Infact, he doesnt have to do a map at all. All he's trying to do is make a map that's fun for others to play on. I don't understand why you would come on and just give him flat out crap for something he' s making in his own time, therefore there is no reason to be so harsh. I mean, I gave him critism, but I tried to make it so that I showed ways to improve.
Thank you gaga, I wasn't trying to make the best map that mcsg has ever seen, I thought it'd be cool to start a WW2 series on mcsg.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
What was your valid point o wise one? You were being a sarcastic smart ass.

Guys, let's keep this on topic. No need for the remarks or arguing. I don't want to have to lock this thread. :/

Yeah, it's only had a few hours of work, and of course you are very new to this. I wouldn't expect any beginner to make something much better. While of course it could use some improvement in quiet a few places, and maybe there is a better way to do it like worldedit...don't let people get you down. Learning from even the rudest of critique instead of shrugging it off or quitting can help you be truly successful at doing...anything really. This goes for making a community map, too.

Although, if you really want to give up, I won't stop you.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
A few hours of work? 3/4 of the maps on the servers took a month.
Just keep trying and you'll achieve what you want. If you want to get started on 'good' maps. Get a preset Tunneler's Dream world, load it into Multiplayer, do a lot of terraforming on it with WorldEdit and/or VoxelSniper or you could go with using WorldPainter instead of using a TD preset.

2020ecoman

Experienced
Reaction score
Um, I put a ton of effort into this so far. I've worked on this for 2 hours total! It isn't ready for submission. Hence the "Maps in progress" forum area. Geez, and they aren't houses, they're bunkers...that's what bunkers look like.
'Ton of effort - 2 hours total' That's a tiny amount of work. I'm in a build team in which we have been building and detailing a map for about 2 months now, and we still feel we can push ourselves.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you wish to start this project again, I suggest you get a team to help you build this. You won't be able to build the map you want to build without one. If you want to keep a Normandy theme, do some research. I was seeing more North Africa than a beach in France. Maybe find some shots and build around it. You need to have a cornucopia, I mean a real one. The plugin is built to have 24 or 48 players around a bunch of chests. You don't have to stop building because some people criticize what you build! You could make a good map with a little effort and time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci