• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG in 1.7 or 1.8?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1.7 has better hit detection (probably because the NCP was based off 1.7) than 1.8 sometimes, leading to more reliable combos, but in 1.8 you can dominate with the right tools (e.g. misplacement).

Reaction score
I prefer 1.7 as it seems the hitboxes are slightly different, as well I know a few tricks in it. ;)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I use 1.8 personally now because MCSG has one of the best dual compatibility plugins that allows for players using 1.8 to get just as good, if not better, hits than those using 1.7. I use 1.8.8 Optifine with the built in shaderpack compatibility version to play right now c:

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Neither of them is better than one another, due to the fact that the way you supposedly "PVP" is all personal preference. While I personally prefer 1.7, I know there are tons of Moderator's who will disagree with me and say 1.8 is more ideal. However, there really isn't a valid disagreement on this topic. Like said previously, neither is better than the other for everyone, however one might be better than the other for you yourself.

But on a real note, let's be honest, 1.6.2 is where it was at.

Tormatic

UltraSwift

Quantum
Reaction score
Well theres some pro's and cons of playing mcsg on 1.7 or 1.8 so i just need to sort out what one has more pros and if they are better pros.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci