• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Improvement Ideas

Do you think the ideas posted should be put into MCSG?

• Total voters

Pork

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay, so as most of you may know, MCSG has been lagging a bit lately. Although for the most part it's fixed, it's still an issue. During clan scrimmages, normal games, and pretty much anything, players get ghost-killed and lag out. To be honest, I think everyone's a bit fed up with it. I think I have two solutions that are simple, not only solve the problem, but also do good for the server.

1) Lowering the amount of servers. This will not only decrease the amount of lag, but also create more full lobbies. More full lobbies generally mean more difficult to join. Difficult to join servers means donor. Plus, less money on multiple servers to upgrade the remaining. I think removing 25-75 SG servers sounds the most appropriate.

2) Getting rid of the multiple hub lobbies. I know this is because of the global chat issue with lag, but you could also get rid of that altogether, or make it so that only Gold Sponsors+ can use the global chat feature.

Although I'm sure these have been thought of, I think putting them out there was necessary. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
Pork, this smart. Much agreement

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Removing servers might get more donors - But it also might (more like definitely will) make people unhappy. What about the vast amount of minecraft players who cant donate? They'd lose players.
Also, there'd be more complaints on the forums about how busy the servers are, and general impatience.

Also, the donor only chat? That's a horrid idea. Something that MCSG does is allow its players interact with other players, including in chat. A lot of members don't go on the forums, so sometimes the hub is the only place they can contact a staff member for reporting a hacker, asking where to report someone, etc.

(Also I'm not a donor so I'd be really sad :'c)

Last edited by a moderator:

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
The multiple hubs on each network were put in place to prevent lag. >.<

Also, less servers means less opportunity for non-donors to find a game. Have you SEEN the U.S. hub activity at noon Pacific time?!? Literally 95% of the current servers are full then. It's madness Sparta out there.

Pork

Diamond
Reaction score
That was completely uncalled for o.o

Removing servers might get more donors - But it also might (more like definitely will) make people unhappy. What about the vast amount of minecraft players who cant donate? They'd lose players.
Also, there'd be more complaints on the forums about how busy the servers are, and general impatience.

Also, the donor only chat? That's a horrid idea. Something that MCSG does is allow its players interact with other players, including in chat. A lot of members don't go on the forums, so sometimes the hub is the only place they can contact a staff member for reporting a hacker, asking where to report someone, etc.

(Also I'm not a donor so I'd be really sad :'c)
I can see the issue there. But I couldn't think of a better solution for the lag caused by the hub.

TheChimera644

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay, so as most of you may know, MCSG has been lagging a bit lately. Although for the most part it's fixed, it's still an issue. During clan scrimmages, normal games, and pretty much anything, players get ghost-killed and lag out. To be honest, I think everyone's a bit fed up with it. I think I have two solutions that are simple, not only solve the problem, but also do good for the server.

1) Lowering the amount of servers. This will not only decrease the amount of lag, but also create more full lobbies. More full lobbies generally mean more difficult to join. Difficult to join servers means donor. Plus, less money on multiple servers to upgrade the remaining. I think removing 25-75 SG servers sounds the most appropriate.

2) Getting rid of the multiple hub lobbies. I know this is because of the global chat issue with lag, but you could also get rid of that altogether, or make it so that only Gold Sponsors+ can use the global chat feature.

Although I'm sure these have been thought of, I think putting them out there was necessary. Let me know what you think.
Im not sure your taking into account some of the smaller servers such as AU who dont need less but more servers, and as far as i know MCSG run/purchase their own servers so would not likely lessen the amount of servers they have. MCSG (as far as i know) are not about making money and for alot of people the lag does not happen to them or concern them. Overall it is not the number of servers they have that create the lag it is the quality and although they are good they are not made to host the amount of players the server gets :c

BoostMeGaming

Diamond
Reaction score

Also, less servers means less opportunity for non-donors to find a game. Have you SEEN the U.S. hub activity at noon Pacific time?!? Literally 95% of the current servers are full then. It's madness Sparta out there.
I was there... It was actually 75% the 100-144 had only 1 person in them (except for the 120 server)

Pork

Diamond
Reaction score
Im not sure your taking into account some of the smaller servers such as AU who dont need less but more servers, and as far as i know MCSG run/purchase their own servers so would not likely lessen the amount of servers they have. MCSG (as far as i know) are not about making money and for alot of people the lag does not happen to them or concern them. Overall it is not the number of servers they have that create the lag it is the quality and although they are good they are not made to host the amount of players the server gets :c
Servers like AU and AS are part of the upgrading I was talking about. By lowering the amount of US and EU servers, there would be more, and better Australia, Asia, and Canada servers. And yes, a day before I created this thread the lag on MCSG for about a week or two was through the roof.

Pork

Diamond
Reaction score
Good idea but just imagine the complaints on the forums :/
I can see the amount of displeasure from lowering the amount of servers for normal members. But the happiness they get from more TPS? I think everyone would notice a difference in that. There are usually 10-20 empty lobbies in US anyway, and around 100-120 empty EU servers.

Pork

Diamond
Reaction score

Whenever I'm on (around 3-5 hours a day), I see about twenty empty servers. I get on usually around 3:00 EST, so I wouldn't know about noon PST.

Tyler686

Survivor
Reaction score
I can see the amount of displeasure from lowering the amount of servers for normal members. But the happiness they get from more TPS? I think everyone would notice a difference in that. There are usually 10-20 empty lobbies in US anyway, and around 100-120 empty EU servers.
True, but most people, unfortunately look for the negative, which I guess is why you see more complaint threads than you see Thank you threads or Good job threads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci